1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Project 128

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by big_jake_420, May 20, 2008.

1. big_jake_420

big_jake_420 Well-Known Member

Im Still working on project 128. I'm going to release the next version by May 25th. The new version has the channel rollover sounds, customizable menu, internet browser, and some other stuff.

2. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Does it support any game yet?

Anyway, great work, dude. I'm with you. Spiritually, but I'm with you. :)

3. Nouta90

Nouta90 Well-Known Member

Its an emulator right??

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no. It's a program that looks like the wii interface. Not an emulator.

5. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth.

Jake, with your current plans, there's no chance in bloody hell you'll finish this within your life time.

6. Nouta90

Nouta90 Well-Known Member

All the more reason to try. I look forward to it.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

he's not ever going to make an emulator the way he's going, he's approaching it from entirely the wrong direction.

8. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Quoted the quoting for truth for truth. Technically, this isn't an emulator.

9. big_jake_420

Ive also add the cursor...i may not get a release out by may 25 because i haven't had my laptop, i just got it back today

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I don't understand why you're working on reproducing the Wii menu when what you really want is an actual emulator. It's all good if you just want to practice programming and design but since you're talking about releasing this then you'll need the actual emulator part; that's also the hardest part and the part that takes time. And currently no-one here believes you even know how to go about that part. I hope you prove us wrong but frankly, I doubt it.

11. hmm, I doubt one for the wii will come out soon, they haven't even made a well run gamecube emulator.
    and project 64 isn't perfected

12. big_jake_420

Im just starting working on it again after not having my laptop for a few days and this weekend partying for memorial day. Actually i am adding emulation. It will be in the release after the this one in a few days.

13. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emulation

There is no need to "create" the GUI yourself if what you're after is an emulator. You are approaching the whole emulator idea wrong.

14. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I suppose that depends on how much you wish to emulate, if you get perfect CPU/GPU instruction emulation and a firmware+resources dump then you wouldn't need to recreate it no.