1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Project 128 website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by big_jake_420, Feb 21, 2008.

1. big_jake_420

big_jake_420 Well-Known Member

www.freewebs.com/project128.

ill have a release in the next 2 - 3 weeks. maybe sooner!

2. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

So you are still working on it. I thought you have abandoned it.

3. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

So, he worked on it while you were still here (before your long long long break), then he is quite slow indeed :D ;D

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Be nice people! Software development is complicated and takes time.

5. big_jake_420

i was in juvie from december 10th to january 29th so i couldnt work on it

6. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Juvie?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

juvenile detention, also known as youth prison.

8. big_jake_420

anyone who would wants to be a tester PM me.

9. Loonylion

Don't you think you ought to have certain requirements? I would at least ask them to include their system specs in their PM, so you can chose a range of systems to test on. If you don't, the testing can't really tell you anything

10. big_jake_420

ok then if anyone would like to test it then send me your system specs......

11. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

just a question - can this run gamecube ISO's? i only have one (smash bros melee) and no wii iso's. thanks (and the very best of luck for this to get running)

is there anything non-programming related i could do?

my specs: P4 HT 550 (running at 3.4Ghz - wouldn't dare overclock), 512MB DDR ram, nvidia geforce 6600 256MB... that's the important stuff at least

EDIT: windows xp home edition (sp2 - testing sp3)

there's nothing wrong with my graphics card, i can play bioshock (getting away with high level textures at reasonable res) and colin mcrae dirt (even though my card isn't listed - HDR turned off via a hack)... although i have been contemplating more ram DDR ram actually costs more than DDR2 on the high street :-\

12. Loonylion

No, it can't run anything in the way of games yet, it is primarily an interface. Your system specs look OK, although ideally you need more ram, and possibly a better graphics card. You also neglected to mention what OS you use (equally important)

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Good to see you're still working on this.

14. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Is this a Wii emulator or a GUI that LOOKS like the Wii?

15. Loonylion

At the moment, the latter.

16. big_jake_420

does anyone wanna help create an Icon for this?

17. big_jake_420

well....im going to release an alpha either tonight or tomorrow.....only thing is that you are going to have to register on my website to view the link. but this is a verrrry alpha release. i am still going to release a better one in 2-3 weeks.
    Grin

18. Born2killx

Please don't double post; it's against the rules.

19. big_jake_420

i posted the download in my forum on my website but you have to subscribe to get it.

20. Born2killx

Not really. I just clicked on the link and it took me to the RapidShare download.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

Loonylion was right. This isn't really an emulation, just a bunch of screenshots with mapped button things. There's background music, but I doubt that this will go anywhere. Buttons are squashed as well. The internet channel opens up Firefox, then freezes. The Wii Shop channel takes me to another bunch of screenshots, one of which links me to the RomUlation points purchase page. This is just a GUI, and technically not an "emulation".

[​IMG]

Wii Shop window.

[​IMG]

The transition between screens are definitely not like the Wii's. The colors are not even the same.

[​IMG]

The second page of channels do not include the bar at the bottom. The graphics are like the Wii's, but it is not an emulation. It is just a copy of the GUI. None of the channel screens move, so they are all just screenshots.