1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Program to rip music from NDS roms?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Arutoa, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arutoa

Arutoa New Member

Is there a program that rips music from DS roms? If not, how do you rip it? Once it is ripped, do you need a program to convert it to MP3 and/or run it? You see, I want to rip the music from Gyakuten Kenji, but since I don't know how to, I can't. Could somebody please explain how?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

A suggestion that I was once given, try googling the game's soundtrack, prehaps it's already been ripped, prehaps there is a cd-soundtrack to download...

I know and have one for psx games, but none that I have/know for cartridge games, if there was I'd rip sooo many 64 games :)

Have you tried that yet?

3. Arutoa

Arutoa New Member

I tried googling it, but since it's very recent, having only been released today, it lacks an OST. I tried using NDS Top System to rip the SDAT, and getting the files in the SDAT through SDATTool, but the SEQ folder where the music is supposed to be is completely empty.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You will need a few tools to make it easier:

You will need a program to grab the .sdat files from a ROM's filesystem: Tahaxan etc. or below

NDSTS
    sdattool
    ssequti

You can read this for the instructions.

5. Arutoa

Arutoa New Member

That's what I did. All of the folders, including the folder that was specified to have the SSEQ files in it, were empty, and the only file in it was an SMAP file. Should I try uploading it somewhere to see if it works with anyone else?

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try with another ROM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.