1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future Pre-patched?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Shadowly, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Shadowly

Shadowly Member

I've been scouring the internet high and low for a certain rom, or patches for it and have had

absolutely no luck. What I'm trying to find is a rom of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future that

is both AP patched and Undubbed. (I'm looking for a US one, but EUR is fine too) Apparently that's

an impossible feat, for there isn't one to be found. I've played the first 2 games undubbed, so I'd like

to play this one too. I've acquired a clean rom (which gives blackscreen as-is on my M3 DS Real

running Sakura 1.49a 3rd) and a folder containing patchme.bat, xdelta.exe, undub.patch and a

readme, but the patches don't seem to work. ( Running the xdelta file does absolutely nothing, while

running patchme renames the original rom to eng.nds and creates a 0kb undub.nds) Because of this,

i'm trying to find either a rom with both of these patches applied, or working versions of the patches

with instructions on how to use them. I hope that someone can help me with this, I would be

extremely grateful.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

use ysmenu 6.60. it also woeks on m3

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Undubbed versions will not work on YSMenu, the header is tamperd with and causeing a loading blue bar issue with white screens on load

DSTT or YSMenu must work with only 100% clean ROM's, the AP issue was fixed for the clean ROM

4. Shadowly

Shadowly Member

Well, I do also have the M3 quadboot (latest sakura, M3 Wood, R4i RTS, and YSMenu) Would a undub work on one of those?

The AP isn't really a big problem. The problem is that i'm still struggling with finding/using a patching tool to undub the rom.

Thanks for such a quick reply! I will go try the clean rom

on ysmenu. I just want to play this awesome game!
    EDIT: The clean rom does indeed work on YSM3.

5. Jhon 591

I knew the clean ROM would!

But your welcone, The undub might if the hearder is repaired by copying the data from the clean version and patching it into the undub, just the header.

But also that may change the gamecode by doing so, there for the new gamecode would have to be edited into the DAT,s

This is somethink i have not tryed.

Found a already patched UNDUB ROM, http://www.mediafire.com/?xd621atxt9j But USA version

6. Shadowly

Shadowly Member

The 7z you linked to contains the same patching files that I mentioned in my first post (In fact, i think that may be the same one i downloaded) and not an actual rom. I'm sure the tools must work, perhaps I'm just using them wrong?

7. Jhon 591

Maybe your file extention may not be enabled, try it again but don't add .nds to the end

Dose any of your files like music end with .mp3 .wav , movies , .avi ?, if you don't see it then don't add it

8. Shadowly

Shadowly Member

I tried the patching tools on another computer, where they worked, but the patched rom seems to still not work on any of the firmwares i have access to. I've already played through most of the game in english already, so I don't see much of a point in trying to find an undub anymore. More than anything, I was just trying to get the clean rom working at least. Thanks for your help anyhow.