1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Professor Layton and The Diabolical Box

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ali2556354, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ali2556354

ali2556354 New Member

When I load the game on my DSTT (Firmware 1.17) it makes the save file but stops cold when loading why does this happen?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Probably a compatibility issue.

Take a look in the Common Issues thread.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. fat don

fat don New Member

wont load on my edge card either, dsone fine and my daughters r4ultra also fine ....???? more questions than answers...sorry.

4. ali2556354

ali2556354 New Member

Can anyone else help me?
    Post Merge: [time]1251156005[/time]
    Fatdon check the common issues it helped me

5. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

when games started freezing mid-load on my TTDS, I formatted my TT, and it worked fine. Then it acted up again. Something like a month later. I'm not dealing with that. So, I installed YSMenu. It's a much more efficient GUI, and I can keep TTMenu as a .nds file if I ever want to use it. Since installing YSMenu, I've had no freezing during loads.

here's a guide on how to do it.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615

6. astepintime

astepintime New Member

After I download the game, before I can open it I get a dialog box stating " Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." What can I do to fix this? I have the same problem with Wizards of Waverly Place.

7. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Try closing all other programs and check the memory left on your harddisk. Don't you use WinRar for extraction? There shouldn't be any problem, dunno though.

8. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

=

You don't have enough space free on the SD card to make a save file. (save files are 1/2 a MB.)

you'll have the same problem with any game without a save file until you free up some space.

9. astepintime

astepintime New Member

Thanks for the replys. Turns out it was a computer problem. I rebooted my system and everything worked fine.

10. fustmuffin

fustmuffin Member

Hi, sorry for the thread hijack....
    Just downloaded diabolical box and it wouldn't load on my R4. (could not read data... blah blah)
    I replaced the arm7 file (which has worked on so many games before). The game now loads but the screens go blank, so I cant actually see the game!! Can anybody help?
    Thanks in advance :)

11. miros

miros Well-Known Member

fustmuffin- are you running the latest firmware for your R4 card? If anything you could try holding down the A button while the game is loading (worth a try). You could also redownload the game, as it may be possible that you have a corrupted file, as unlikely as that is, it can happen. Good luck,
    miros

12. fustmuffin

fustmuffin Member

yep, i have the latest firmware, i downloaded the rom three times just in case... same problem. I read somewhere else that I may need to fix the header? but I have no idea what that even means?!

13. kazifould

kazifould New Member

fustmuffin i have just had the same problem as u have u fixed it yet

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You should try using another ARM7 file from another game, if the first one doesn't work.

The header structure contains information (referenced by address locations) such as game title and code, unit code, device information, Nintendo logo and logo/header CRCs as well as other information to do with the CPU. You should probably link to the site where you read it; I wouldn't think it is related to such an issue.

15. fustmuffin

fustmuffin Member

No, I haven't sorted it yet :(

The header thing was just a suggestion from someone on another forum. Since I didn't know what he was talking about, I figured I'd ask here lol

16. kazifould

kazifould New Member

FUSTMUFFIN ive tried another arm 7 fiole still no joy im awaiting a new n5 card ill let u know if it works on that

17. fustmuffin

fustmuffin Member

Anyone managed to fix this yet?

18. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Tried using that unofficial DSTT firmware (a02) ? http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.