1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box Freezes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by asif hossain, May 6, 2010.

1. asif hossain

asif hossain Member

Hi, I dont know if anyone had this problem before, but I recently started playing Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box in No$gba with No$zoomer. I reached the town of Folsense and there in the first conversation between Luke and Layton the game first freezes and few seconds later, "The rom image has crashed" message comes up. The rom image also crashes when i click on the portable house of grandma-something-to-whom-all-the-old-puzzles-are-stored. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

P.S The rom i am using is 4112 - Professor Layton And The Diabolical Box (U)(Xenophobia) downloaded from Romulation.

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

What settings do you use ?

Also try this no$gba package http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0tmrvozm0gm

The game works fine with me.

3. asif hossain

asif hossain Member

Tried the package, didnt work. Anyway here are my settings, and some details about the issue. If it worked for you I really dont know whats wrong.
    P.S: Dont worry about the horrible graphics, its just that i used MS Paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Okay those settings should have worked fine.
    You use no$zoomer right ? Try to play around with the Ex option.

Although I only used Ex 0 to play this game, also try using nocash for the renderer.

5. asif hossain

asif hossain Member

Playing around with the Ex option. Still no luck. No$gba renderer doesnt fix the problem. By the way, the game doesnt crash suddenly, it happens like this:
    {Luke: This place gives me goosebumps.
    Professor: Yes, I'd second that.} -The voices come out nice and clear.
    {Flora: I am sticking close to you two.
    to
    Professor: Indeed the old ones are around 30 years old} -The voices come out as if from the jaws of a skeleton with no voice.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The game has little sound issue when using No$gba.
    Alternatively, use DeSmuMe.

7. asif hossain

asif hossain Member

Isnt there a way to fix the sound issue? By the way i heard many people played the game error-free in
    no$gba. So why isnt it working for me?