1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Professor Layton 3 help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TwiLight853, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiLight853

TwiLight853 Member

Has anyone encountered this problem? I downloaded Professor Layton 3 on my R4 (version 1.18), and the farthest I got is making a new file. The screen goes black after I enter a name for it. Has anyone figured out a solution to get the game running? At first I trimmed the ROM, then I didn't, so I'm out of ideas. Thanks.

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

There's a Proffessor Layton 3?

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try backing up and reformat your MicroSD. And then try ARM7 patching it.

4. TwiLight853

TwiLight853 Member

Ok. Er...I'm not familiar with that, so could you show me, step by step, what to do? All I know how to do is download and back-up files.

5. anandjones

Connect your MicroSD, back up all your files somewhere, go to My Computer, right click the Removable Drive, and select Format.

6. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

But make sure you make a backup first.

7. TwiLight853

TwiLight853 Member

Ok, I select Format and then....
    I think I forgot to mention that I'm completely clueless to all this. I only know how to download, unzip, move, and back-up files. Someone give me step-by-step instructions. Isn't there some R4 for Dummies or something?

8. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

1. Save all your files on your memory card to your pc.
    2. Search google for "Panasonic format" and download that small tool. (It is the first site that comes up)
    3. Install the Panasonic sd format utility.
    4. Run Panasonic sd format utility.
    5. Choose the correct drive for your memory card, then format.
    6. Put your files back on the memory card.
    7. Try to play your game again.

I just had to do this today for the same problem.

Good luck! :)

9. anandjones

The built-in windows tool can be used.

10. TwiLight853

TwiLight853 Member

It didn't work. How many people have downloaded this game, and succeeded in playing it. I saw a screen after I entered my name, telling me who knows what. Has no one even complained about this?
    Long story short, failtorespond's process didn't make a difference. What am I doing wrong? How have other people played the game successfully?

11. anandjones

Depends on what flashcart they have. The R4 isn't exactly perfect in compatibility with commercial ROMs.

12. chigasaur

chigasaur New Member

There's a patch for this, I'm posting here because I found this while looking (stupidly, at english sites) for one, and I thought others might end up here too. If you have enough Japanese to play this game, you should be able to use this patch.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/munemitu22007/27145435.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.