1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Probs with xp reading Sd card once removed...............help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by clanger, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clanger

clanger Member

Hi,

I have looked elsewhere on tech help and can't find anything to do with this, but my problem is:

I have successfully downloaded two games onto my micro sd and inserted into my r4, play ok etc.

I then downloaded more to the pc, put the micro sd back in the usb converter, and clicked on the f drive.... only to be told to insert a disc??? - tried the following:

Re inserted micro sd lots.
    rubbed contacts on micro sd and re inserted
    checked control panel - no error messages for the drive.
    tried with another sd card - sandisk (which incidentally does not work in my ds - other issued I solved by using the kingston which worked, but now have this prob with) - and it recognised the sandisk, so it isnt the f drive.

Googled this prob - seems its a common windows xp issue, that it will read the card once, but on re-insertion it dosent recognise it??? .... so downloaded sp3, and no success.

Dont know what to try next? - anyone? - would runing the pc in safe mode allow me to access it?

Surely someone else must have had this happen, it cant only be me, yet I can find nothing on this wonderful site............

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

put the reader on the computer, find the device in device manager and delete it, then unplug the reader and try again.

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Unless you unistall all usb ports in device manger.. my computer > right click > properties > hardware > device manger > bubble click on and unistall all USB controler, reset PC , and let it reinstall it self again

Same again and click on scan for hardware changes

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Don't "Safely Remove" or "Eject" your cards either. If your card reader has an indicator light that blinks when in use, remove when not blinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.