1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problems with VBA or game?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by LordLight, Nov 1, 2011.

1. LordLight

LordLight New Member

Tried running a game (not from here) on VBA, and I get an error message claiming 'function not supported' and says a bios file is needed.

The game then proceeds to start up, and even appears to save. Is this something I should be concerned about? and if so, how do I fix it? (Not asking for links/files)

Don't think I'm allowed to mention name of game, since download isn't offered here, but it's a popular card game.

Hope I haven't broken rules here, I'll take it down if I have.

So is this fixable?

2. dlord1193

dlord1193 Active Member

Whats the title of it?

3. LordLight

LordLight New Member

Oh. So that is allowed? If I'm wrong, correct me and I'll remove it.

Yugioh Championship tournament 2006.

Exact error message says "unsupported bios function" followed by some hexadecimal address, and then "A bios file is needed for correct behaviour"

This is with VBA link btw.

Game "seems" to be functioning, but error has me concerned. Is my copy bad?

Like to repeat that I am just looking for information about an error, and how it will affect me.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Perhaps this will help you. - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=6326.0

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Oh snap! I wasn't able to save/recover the screenshots for this tutorial :)

Damn Friendster changing their functions & deleting people's content :(

I'm pretty sure most of my other tutorials & game reviews now have dead links to their support screenshots as well.

EDIT: Addendum:

Oh & LordLight you should definitely upgrade to VBA-M as it has improved upon VBA 1.7.2 & 1.8 beta 3 by a whole lot. You can get it here:

http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-vba-m-svn-956-mfc-info-and-download