1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problems with Scandisk memory, DS and PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zenthor, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenthor

zenthor Member

I am beginning to think Scandisk does not do well with their Pro Duo and Mini SD.

On my DS with Acekard 1.51 (which is the latest) I have the following prolems

4659 - Dragonology (U) hangs on the beginning
    4506 - The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (U)(Xenophobia) locks up on cut scenes
    324 - Age of Empires - The Age of Kings (U)(WRG)(F49A566E) Very choppy video and gameplay

All the above work perfectly with my new Kingston 4gig Min SD on the same Acekard.

As for the PSP, I have a 8gig Scandisk Pro Duo and a Sony 8 gig Pro Duo (also a Sony 1 gig)
    So far, I have not found games not working, but...on my speed test, the Scandisk memory is 40% slower then the Sony.
    This can be a big problem on CSO's.

All my Scandisk memory was bought from Amazon. I would hope they are free of fake memory, but can not be positive.
    Anyway, if anyone is having strange issues, if you use Scandisk...change it. See if all problems go away like they did for me. You might also want to run a speed test of your Scandisk memory...in my case they were dramatically slower then Sony/Kingston.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Kingston is a good make, all my ds game work with it and NO Crashing problems has happend

All i know some microsd card's work faster then overs , are you could try it in a diffrent format fat or fat32

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.