1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problems with Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon on Acekard.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Hexfourth, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hexfourth

Hexfourth Member

This is my first time posting on these forums. I tried to find any information related to my problem, but any solution I have found either didn't relate to my situation (flashcart / problem). A few solutions I've tried have also not worked.

I use an Acekard 2, currently updated to the most present firmware (still new to the terminology, correct me if I'm wrong please). I use a Kingston 4G MicroSD. Whenever I try to run the game I'm met with a white screen right after the intro cinematic.

I've updated my cheat.dat and usercheat.dat and ran my DS with both with no luck. I've tried to reformat my card (which was successful, but the game still gives me a white screen). I've also tried to simply just download the game once more.

At this point I'm out of ideas. Most of my searches on the site are met with no$gba questions and answers. I don't believe that has anything to do with my flashcart (as I believe the no$gba is an emulator for the PC?). I've also checked out the common issues thread (which is where I got the idea to reformat) but also cannot find any solution that works.

So here I am with this post. I tried to give as much information pertaining to my problem as I can. As I said before, I'm new to the terminology around this kind of thing, but have a fairly moderate understanding of what I'm doing (to a degree). If anyone has any suggestions and / or solutions they know that would work I'd love to hear them as I love this game.

I'll try to answer any other questions that need to be addressed and thank you for your time!

2. Lukav

Lukav Well-Known Member

I just searched on Google, and couldn't find the problem you have, but someone was having a problem were everytime they died, it would just go to a white screen and freeze.

Someone said the best solution is to e-mail Team Acekard about it, as they're quite good at responding to issues like these.

3. Hexfourth

Hexfourth Member

I never thought of that as an option. To be honest their site has such little english on it I'm usually only on there to update my flashcart software.

Regardless I'll try that and see if they can give me any useful information.

Thank you.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

5. 88stumpy88

88stumpy88 Active Member

I have the same problem i got AK2.1 with a 8gb sandisk micro.

I have re formatted the micro it but still comes up with the same problem.
    I have tried all of there firmware but still that damn white screen. :( ??? :'(

Any who i have since given up and have started RF:2

6. Hexfourth

Hexfourth Member

As I stated in my original post, I checked that thread but anything I found pertaining to my problem did not work (namely formatting and piracy fixes). Perhaps I'm overlooking something?

7. anandjones

Formatting would fix freezing issues which it should say. You'll probably have to wait for new firmware.

8. Hexfourth

Hexfourth Member

Firmware is the program I run on my AceKard to allow my games to be played, correct?

9. anandjones

Yes. The system files you downloaded.

10. Hexfourth

Hexfourth Member

I finally got it to work and I figured I'd post this to let anyone else who's having the same problem know how I resolved it.

I did email AceKard directly ([email protected]) and they sent the following response.

Seeing how I already have the latest firmware, I tried the Y button thing, but all I got was info on the folder / game I was highlighting. I finally got it past the white screen buy holding the "A" button when the game was launching (When you use the "A" button to select your game, don't let go. Just keep your finger pressed down on it until the "loading" screen disappears and the game launches). I haven't created a file yet, but it seems like it should work properly now.

Thank you for any and all help provided to myself and to anyone else with a similar problem on this thread.

11. dongbin

dongbin New Member

wow that really worked

Thank You :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.