1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problems with no$GBA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

sic ne threed ays ago i've been having problems with this pile of crap and do not suggest me to go and use VBA to emualte GBA games, i am cheating on FE8 (or Fire emblem the sacred stones for those who do not know) and i finally for gods sake have all my characters leveled up to lvl 20 (with a code of course a mix of lvl=X and exp=x) and then i rpmote them after i feed them stat boosters, now after i promote them i use a different code to make sure they have acess to A rank weaponary, here comes the problem magic users as per tradition i make them able to use dark and anima magic nor FE6 or FE7 gave me trobules with this and much less FE8 (the dark magic can be done witha glitch) the problem is that i use also a different cheat to fill my armory and have said stat boosters.

the true core begins here: after i do all that i go to a battle and no$shittygba crashes saying uknow opengl undefined vector or something like that, after i made sure to save, reset and re-load the cartidrage to know that it saved after it crashes im back at square one!, and is not as easy, dont go with me 'oh just copy paste the codes again' bleh if it were that easy to put 11 codes and 5 hours of work i would do it.

so what is the problem with that? it has been doing to me the same stuff from 3 days ago

2. fclinux001

fclinux001 Well-Known Member

Less Engrish

So try my fully setup no$zoomer + no$gba, I have not had a problem with any games. The only thing you should have to do, is copy the .cht file from your no$gba folder and the .sav from the battery folder in the no$gba folder, and change the controls to your preferences, then all should work.

download

http://www.mediafire.com/?w1db940lwvw7cn1

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

It seems like your GPU doesn't support the required OpenGL version...Specs?

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

To start:

Is FE8 a translated one? Anything can have issues with translations.

Moving on.....You have simply overloaded what No$GBA is capable of on your computer. I personally use Visual Boy Advance for GBA emulation, as it is just widely considered to be the best GBA emulator around. Nothing guarantees total cheat support though when you slam on every game influencing cheat code you can find.

Either way though, it sounds like your computer just doesn't have the proper video specs to keep running it that way. Try switching from OpenGL to DirectX 10 or whichever one No$GBA uses in the visual options. If it's purely graphics related, this may fix it. Every game is different. What works on one game isn't just going to magically work on all of them. Some take some tweaking beyond *Restart emulator* "WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU WORK?"

No$GBA offers many options though in contrast to other emulators I've used for creating the optimum experience. It is not a shitty emulator by any means.