1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problems with games and AceKard?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sun4u, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sun4u

sun4u Member

I have previously posted that I perfer the EDGE card but it's no longer being sold on DealExtreme. So I purchased the AceKard, well its giving me problems. I noticed a few of my games don't work on the card. The Two most Important ones are Super Mario 64 Ds and New Super Mario Brothers. It just me? I don't know much about this card. Or do other people have problems to? I never had these problems with Edge. So can the AceKard owners please help me with this?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Update to AKAIO 1.5.1 firmware
    http://www.normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=210
    http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/

3. sun4u

sun4u Member

I have the most current firmware. The New Mario game boots up to the Nintendo screen and the bottom screen says All rights ... The Super Mario 64 game goes to double black screens. Can anyone else help me?

4. TirithRR

What firmware do you have?

5. sun4u

sun4u Member

I will download these and see if it helps though. Thanks. Sorry I had the 1.5 not 1.5.1 I downloaded what you had posted. Neither game works yet. Still the same just loads Nintendo screen. I clicked on the loaded on my ds and it just says loading, is it suppose to do anything?
    Post Merge: [time]1263234021[/time]
    This is Very fustrating I have tried everything, including removing my saved my file from when I played it on the kids Edge. People recommend this card, but it doesn't load some of the best playing games? :-\ If anyone else can help please respond.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Did you update your loaders? http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/

Read the Wiki for other information. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO

7. sun4u

sun4u Member

Yes Anandjones I downloaded and installed both of the loader and firmware that Tirith posted. A few of my games still don't work inlcuding my two favrotie games posted above :(. I read the Wiki and don't see a solution to my problem.
    Post Merge: [time]1263251253[/time]
    Do I need to use the SDformatter listed in the wiki to format my card? I never used a formater before. THanks

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

WHat the?

Those games worked flawlessly on my acekard without even being on akaio.

Is really from deals extreme, sounds fishy to me...

9. TirithRR

Try backing up everything, formatting, and reinstalling the latest AKAIO 1.5.1 firmware. Like Hypnos said, these games run ok on my Acekard with AKAIO 1.5.1 as well.

10. sun4u

sun4u Member

I am going to try to delete everything from my AceKard 2 and try this all again. YES I bought my card from Dealextreme it's the one site I use.
    Post Merge: [time]1263263727[/time]
    Well I used the Format listed in the wiki and still the games don't work. What a disappointment. My sd card works in my daughters edge with the edge firmware just fine. Guess I will have to play what games I can, and purchase another sd card and hope that it works :(

11. sun4u

sun4u Member

I still haven't been able to get either Mario game to work. I am debating on buying an AceKard 2i, hoping that I won't have the same problem. Does the AceKard 2i worth with the Nintendo Ds Lite? I own the NDS Lite. Also What is the cheaper but more reliable site to buy from? I noticed Dealextreme and removed alot of items, so I have decided to order some where else. Maybe I will receive the item faster also, thanks! :-\
    Post Merge: [time]1263932466[/time]
    I was wondering maybe there is a patch that can fix my problem? If so can someone point me in the right direction?

12. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Try to set up your AKIO save and sytemsettings

If they are set wrong some of the games will not work

13. sun4u

sun4u Member

Can you explain to me how to do this?
    Post Merge: [time]1264291840[/time]
    Fire_Ice I owe you a big thank you, because your answer fixed my problem. BOTH Mario Games work. But I need some more help. In my System Options I have to set file list type to NDS + SAV, and I have to change save ext. to .nds.sav but my problem is everytime I reboot my ds the settings dont save. I have to keep going into options and changing them. Can anyone help me? I Don't know much about the cards, but apprently my saved options aren't right? But when I use these settings both MARIO games work. Can anyone tell me what the save settings should be? Thanks!
    Post Merge: [time]1264291993[/time]
    Also is there anyway to hide the Saved game files on the main Game List?

14. TirithRR

It shows sav files because you set the file list type to NDS + SAV.

Which games are giving you corrupted save files?

15. sun4u

sun4u Member

New Mario and The Super Mario 64 , both of the games that I had problems with before.
    Post Merge: [time]1264297656[/time]
    I may have fixed this myself, by deleting old saved files.. out of my game folder. I didn't know I had 3 different saved files for New Mario. :-X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.