1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problems with cheats...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bedjoe92, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedjoe92

Bedjoe92 Member

i've downloaded the r4cce and kinda figured out how it works.
    but the problem is, the cheat would only work on some games.
    When I tried enabling cheats(you know, when you press the x button),
    it says 'cheat not found' How do you fix this??
    I'm using r4ds ultra by the way.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Take a look in our Common Issues topic.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

Some flashcarts cannot use Cheat Databases that are too big. You can either use the patch available in the Common Issues topic under "why cheats won't show up" or you can use R4CCE to remove game entries from your database for games that you don't play.

3. Bedjoe92

Bedjoe92 Member

Well, i downloaded the cheat from gbatemp, and cut the numbers of cheat all the way down to 359 kb. But it won't work.
    oh, and by the way, there is a file named cheat.dat that was already in the system folder worth 5.4 mb, and if i edit the file with r4cce or even just removing it from the folder, my ds won't work. Do you know anything about it?
    Post Merge: [time]1265776013[/time]
    Well, i downloaded the cheat from gbatemp, and cut the numbers of cheat all the way down to 359 kb. But it won't work.
    oh, and by the way, there is a file named cheat.dat that was already in the system folder worth 5.4 mb, and if i edit the file with r4cce or even just removing it from the folder, my ds won't work. Do you know anything about it?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are the games you are trying to play with cheats patched at all? (Anti piracy patches, translation patches, etc.)

5. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

If they are patched then you will need to change the game I.D. by using the "..." button in R4CCE

Once the game I.D. is updated to you patched .NDS file the cheats should work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.