1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problems with booting Baroque PAL

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

okay i finished downloading this thing yersteday, burned it with img burn at 3.3x (my burner CANNOT burn to 1x do not ask me why) and i am trying to boot it, GEcko OS 1.9.3.1 green screen ( i am telling it to force NTSC video mode) green screen AKA crashes (i am using CIOS 249 rev 14 i WILL NOT upgrade, the most recent CIOS lack of a data line or something similar, or so i've read on wiird forums) that makes gecko a third rate loader) i have not tested it with ocarina, neogamma R8 crashes, uloader with CIOS 222 and latest uloader i think its 5.1E, green screen.

so what the heck is going on? i downlaoded the same ISO three years ago and it worked, do i need to turn off the force NTSC mode?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You could try, but you have a an NTSC-U region Wii right? PAL games don't mix on those usually.

Plus, it would be better to use a different launcher, upgrade, etc, but I know you don't want to do that.

PAL games are iffy on other region consoles as is NTSC on PALs.

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

i can play fine disaster day of crisis, a PAL exclusive game, and is the only way to avoid it showing a black and white screen is forcing the NTSC format..., also baroque fall under nintendo hard category it is the hardest game in the rouguelike category the PAL version has chats, and no one is caring for the NTSC counter part i want to beat the game but cheating is my last option.

i have the latest launchers i use (well maybe not onto the Uloader but still) what other launchers you know off? i know wii backup launcher but i do not like it.