1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problems with AKAIO

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jadster 1996, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadster 1996

jadster 1996 Well-Known Member

I have an R4 ultra i and as we have seen most new games require AKAIO 1.4 to work so I decided to try that.
    The problem is that even though AKAIO loads properly the games don't.
    The first game I tried is kingdom hearts 358/2 days and when I launched it,it shows a screen with loading on it and just hangs there.I have tried doing so on another sd card and I had the same result,I tried formatting both sd cards and I had the same result.(some times when I delete my old save the loading word on the screen turns red but it still hangs)
    Thank you for reading this topic. ;)
    EDIT:I also forgot to mention that I am using the prepatched kh rom found on the thread.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

akio is the alternitive firmware for acekard isn't it ???

I got it working on mine (the firmware-not the game).

Prehaps consider buying a new card.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

AKAIO firmware also works on Acekard clones (except 1.5, which was programmed with anti-fake/clone checks), which include the R4 SDHC and R4 Ultra. Similar to how Ysmenu, a modified TTDS firmware, works on the R4.

4. jadster 1996

I am searching for one now I just want a temporary fix to make it work on r4 ultrai
    The problem is that I still get random freezes after cutscenes starting with the one where roxas wakes up
    If I had a list of which cut scenes freeze I would just skip them but there is nothing like that :(

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

There is acekard clones now ?

:(

Well know I know.

6. jadster 1996

I also want to get this to work because it seems it's the only way for both kh and mario and luigi to work on R4 ultra i
    Please help me out.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure on all this. The thread that this fix was posted in mentioned the R4 Ultra, and you are using the R4 Ultra i. It may be that this modified firmware is not compatible with your card.

8. jadster 1996

Well....I guess I can't play mario and luigi but kh is playable by pressing skip near the end of every cut scene :(

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the latest Acekard loader installed. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO#Official_AK2_Loader

10. jadster 1996

Sadly,with that it doesn't load at all(it says processing and hangs there)
    I guess I can't play this game :(

11. darkglobe00

darkglobe00 Member

12. leibfrei

leibfrei Member

AKAIO 1.5 blocks all Acekard-clones. All new loaders work with AKAIO 1.5 only.
    Sorry. Buy yourself an Acekard, it's ~$12, it shouln't be a big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.