1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problems using Winrar- Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Freebird2201, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freebird2201

Freebird2201 Active Member

Hi I am managing to download some of these games using flashget, but when I use Winrar and extract them they are coming up as a Diagnostic Message failed and file corrupt.

This has happened on the last four games i have downloaded. Does anyone know why or how i can get around this.

2. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Get a download manager or download a new version of Winrar.

3. Freebird2201

I am using a download manager (Flashget) but i will try a different version of winrar

Post Merge: [time]1263490499[/time]
    Have downloaded winrar again and this is still working are some of these files corrupt as it says

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Try using different download manager.
    I suggest using Free Download Manager.

5. Freebird2201

I have tried that one and couldnt get that to work at all, but i eventually got Flashget to work and the winrar works on some of the games but not all of them. Can some of the files be corrupt as it says on winrar?

I have tried about 5 games today and they are all saying the same. Is there another extracting programme that I could use that is simple?

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I don't think so, since the game here are usually good.
    Error on Winrar is usually a download problem.

What game that has the error ?

7. Freebird2201

I have tried all the spongebob games for nds and wizards of waverly place, also balloon pop and madagascar kartz also some others.

But none seem to work! I am really stuck, please help anyone!

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

For other extracting program, ther is 7zip that you can use.
    I still think this is a downloading problem though, but I'm gonna try the game that you mentioned.

Don't expect fast reply, my net isn't really fast.
    Alos hope that someone else might now what to do.

9. Freebird2201

Thanks that would be gr8 if you dont mind... the games that i have done seem to be find on the ds. I have tried 7zip and it just does the same so it is obviously not downloading properly.

10. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

Hmm it sounds like a problem from your side I'm afraid, Firstly make sure that the download completes and is not interrupted halfway, that sometimes happens and it will still say it has been completed. Also Have u tried using the default download program? like the IE one?

11. Freebird2201

Well it does seem to stop for a little while in the middle of the download but then seems to pick up again and then supposedly download. I am using Flashget and the only way I can get it to pick up from flashget is to ctrl and alt at same time and then this downloads through flashget otherwise it just keeps coming up as an error. Sorry not sure what you mean by the IE one - im not very good at any of this. I had problems before i used flashget where it would download a certain % but then just stop and hang not do anything else. Not sure if i am doing this correctly, but i have managed to download a few games, but today it is not working at all.
    :)

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I guess he means using the Internet browser's download manager, it's not really good though.
    I'm still downloading one of the games ::)

Tell me, why is Free Download Manager doesn't work ?
    What error do you get ?

13. Freebird2201

I cant remember as i deleted it but i will put in on again and let you know.

Post Merge: [time]1263495984[/time]
    I have now downloaded the free download manager but how do i get the free download manager to take over the download as if i right click it is not on the list?

14. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

you can just click the link, but if you want to use it you may need to delete the Flashget.
    Or another method, copy the link for the download to the Free Download Manager.

15. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

If you are using a wireless laptop connect using a cable, this may stop your problem as sometimes wireless networks may disconnect you for a few seconds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.