1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problems using Cheats with Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Njosnavelin, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Njosnavelin

Njosnavelin Member

OK, well whenever I use the most recent usrcheat.dat file, all the codes from that file just display as a jumble of random characters, basically making it impossible to know what cheats do what. When I use cheat.dat that came with the most recent firmware it's all perfectly fine... but the usrcheat file has a lot more games supported.

Does anyone have a fix so that I can read the cheats?

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

[quote author=GBATemp.net]Cheat Support

Pressing 'X' with a ROM highlighted will open up the cheat window, and load cheats for that game. Before the cheats will appear however, they must be built from one of the cheat databases you have in your "cheats" folder. Here's the process broken down:

1: Have .XML or .dat file in the "cheats" folder.
    2: Open the cheat window with the game you want to use.
    3: Click "DB Select" and cycle to the database you want to use.
    4. Hit "Rebuild". A "GAMENAME.cc" file will be created.

From then on whenever you open the cheat menu, the cheats from the "GAMENAME.cc" file will be loaded. What's a tad annoying though is that you have to do this for each game (steps 2 and 4), and every time you want to update the cheats. Once you have your cheats loaded, check/uncheck the ones you want active with the 'X' button.[/quote]
    Have you been doing this?

3. Njosnavelin

Njosnavelin Member

Yes, I've done that, and when the cheats actually show up they just display as a jumble of random characters.

Also... For some reason, when I open the cheat menu for games I KNOW have cheats in the file, I just get "No cheats found in Cheat DB"

It's pretty annoying. I want to play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time... but I hear that It requires a cheat to work properly... but even with the newest usrcheat file, I just get the no cheats found error.

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Which cheat database have you been using, GBATemp's?

If so, try using the cheat.xml file they provide.

5. Njosnavelin

Njosnavelin Member

Could you link me to the most recent one? I'm having trouble finding it. :-\

6. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Just bookmark this link:

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

7. Njosnavelin

Njosnavelin Member

Tried an XML cheat file....

same issue. :-[

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You might be able to use usrcheat.dat.

Thread Status: