1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problems getting rez working on my dreamcast

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by personuser, Sep 6, 2011.

1. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Hi. I wanted to ask about a problem I have with Rez and my dreamcast.

I've got a model 1 dreamcast that plays anything. I run NTSC-U backups as well as some NTSC-J and PAL-E ones all the time. However, there is ONE game, that, no matter how many versions I try, will not run, and that game is Rez. I've tried both the JP and PAL versions and neither get past the little loading red butterfly on my dreamcast, though the "rez" image still displays on my VMU. I have tried all of these images in NullDC and they run fine. Am I out of luck, or is the problem something else? I burn all my DC titles with IMGBurn+cdi plugin on blank CDrs at 10x (the lowest they support) and they all seem to run fine except for this one. Is the burning the problem or something else, and, if the problem is identifiable, can it be remedied? Thank you.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't know.

I downloaded a copy of it from a site that I'll send to you.
    It works perfectly and I didn't have problems with that copy.

3. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

sadly, that copy is the exact same one I just tried a while back as it has the same inserted ripping group text on the "SEGA" screen. If I burned that one it would do the same, load up, get to the red butterfly, then black out with "REZ" still on the VMU.

Image isn't the problem, then, wonder what it could be?
    Post Merge: [time]1315354134[/time]
    OK, I fixed it, and let me tell you, it's a WEIRD fix.

Rez is the ONE dreamcast game.

The ONLY one.

That won't boot when any 3rd party accessories are in the controllers.

Removing my Performance Jump pak at boot, it WORKED.

Placing it in after the game started, the RUMBLE worked too.

I would NEVER have thought of this if not for a completely out of left field forum topic with my problem on page 13 of a google search.

Thanks for help anyways, guys :D

I won't link to the thread because I don't know if it's another ROM site or not.