1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problems booting burnt GC games on a softmodded wii

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncan Idaho, May 6, 2014.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

I recently installed DIOS MIOS in order to play GC games from my EHDD, that plan got a large bump due to the tutorials being very vague about stuff and me screwing up badly.

So i decided i want to play my GC pirated games while i wait, i cannot boot them at all, neogamma crashes, i cannot do it directly from the wii menu.

So i ran out of options, if there is more info i can provide i'll run dop ios and upload the .txt.

I am running the latest rev of Dios Mios, and CIOS 247, 248 and 249 dx2 V10.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I have USB loader GX installed on my wii, all I did was just installed Dios Mios and Dios Mios lite both, seams to work this way.

The ISO just ran from the SD SDHC card, but you need to put files in games/XXXX/game.iso has to be done like this.

XXXX replace it with GamesID 4 letter, games folder / GameID folder / game.ISO , (Note) Game has to be renamed just game

I have stuff on my PC at home, will look into the files I used 4 U, later.

-----------

DIOSMIOSLite_2.10.wad was it as well as Dios Mios

3. Duncan Idaho

So basically Dios mios lite removes the possibility to launch backup discs?

4. Jhon 591

O miss read, you want playing backup burn onto disc games, somethink have not tried yet myself.

But much easier to play as ISO .

Should be many youtube videos though .

5. Duncan Idaho

I am going to play from USB, the problem is that it's going to be a loooong pain in the ass because i need to make folders with [Game Title Game ID] and there are over 40 GC games.

6. Jhon 591

I see, wow that is a lot ;D

If you have a hex edit program easier by , just drag and drop the game onto the program, and ID is in top left corner of hex.

My Zelda collection game ID is PZLE so

games/PZLE/game.iso

[​IMG]

7. Duncan Idaho

@Jhon 591@ Thanks! I also figured what the problem is, DIOS MIOS and DIOS MIOS Lite do not support launching games from backups , only via USB or SD card.

8. Jhon 591

I see no problem :) , Sorry backups not work.

Anyway after a bit of digging about found DIOSMIOS 2.10.wad 4 USB not Lite SD :)

But can only be used on Port 0 USB bottom port.

Now can play my games of USB.

DIOSMIOS 2.10.zip , DL from https://mega.co.nz/#!lEIwwRbI!hKtjB7lomSPpNPlQFn23VY6Ju2Qnh0I4qhEqmmWluds

9. Duncan Idaho

@Jhon thanks a lot, i am waiting for the program i use to turn .iso to .wbfs finishes, it's going to finish on a few hours, you wouldnt believe how difficult is to find a loader that supports NTFS along FAT, FAT 32 and the Ext formats.

Post Merge: [time]1399667037[/time]

Jon do i really need to put all the names of the games as game.iso?

And by any chance you have a tutorial on how do i need to set up the wii partition for configurable usb loader?

10. Jhon 591

I don't think the USB loader has any think to do with loading gamecube games, but wii games yes.

-----------

gamecube games Looks like , I try one game with name and just did not work, added into ID folder as game.iso and it worked.

------------

Wii games, Just figured out from bit here bit there of google , What I got when't through.

My Flashdrive is USB FAT32 for isos , but need to be used with WBFS Manager to format and add the isos onto it.

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=56513.msg1442080#msg1442080

--------------

Files from Here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7w5qxu

Like to do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKPEgwbCFa8

I wanted to make sure as "I Do not have Wifi at home"

Here are the instructions for offline

11. Duncan Idaho

And i was wanting to avoid having to perform a formating to WBFS, i only installed it because i read it could boot wii games from NTFS and going by what Necro/Xerinna told me nearly two years ago.

Fml.