1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problem with my R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by aundd, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aundd

aundd Member

If I start up my DS with R4 in it, there state: Couldn't find_DS_MENU.DAT, what do i do so that the game works?
    (yes, my english isn't very good ;) )

2. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Maybe you accidentally deleted that file, R4 requires that system file to run. You need to redownload the R4 firmware here: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/R4_v1.18_English.zip :) Thanks for Anandjones for putting up a great mirror site for all flashcarts, linFox Domain. :D

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Get it back from you kernal file, its in there and replace it back onto your microsd card in the root

4. aundd

aundd Member

okay, according linFox I've to download F_CORE.DAT, where can I downlaod that?

(my R4 named: R4 Revolution for DS)
    Post Merge: [time]1260126048[/time]
    and, must I download
    # 3in1_Tool_for_R4M3Simply_.zip 23 kB 3in1 Tool for R4 and M3 Simply by Rudolph
    # R4_ROM_Trimmer_v2.0.rar 6 kB
    # R4_SAVE_Transform_v2.0.rar 241 kB
    # R4DS-SAVE-Transform.rar 241 kB
    # imgview0.6-for-R4.rar 1.90 MB
    or something?

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

No, you do not have to download any of those other files or the FCORE. You only need the 1.18 firmware here. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/R4_v1.18_English.zip Then read this. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/?mode=desc&fileid=1786 Read the R4DS section on the page.

6. aundd

aundd Member

okay, my english isn't very good, but I think I only have to delete the file: _DS_MENU.SYS is that right?

7. Jhon 591

Your card need's it

www.r4ds.com

Put _DS_MENU.dat into the main place where your files are

8. anandjones

_DS_MENU.SYS will be created as soon as you run your R4 for the first time. It is not included with the firmware anyway. It only states you delete _DS_MENU.SYS IF you are updating your firmware from a previous version.

9. aundd

aundd Member

Yeah, it works :D
    but now, how can I set games on it? I've download one, but he doesn't work

10. anandjones

You need to extract them again so you get the .nds file. Put them anywhere on your MicroSD. To play them, run your R4, select 'Game' and then browse for your games. Click A on them when highlighted. The prompt will ask you to create a save file, choose Yes.

11. aundd

aundd Member

thanks for your help, but I don't understand how you get a .rar file to a .nds file

12. deank27

deank27 Well-Known Member

you right click the .rar file and click "extract here".

13. anandjones

You extract the .rar file the same as you did with your firmware.

14. coolguyjc

coolguyjc New Member

i just put a new game on my r4i card and its wiped all the games and i just have a white screen and now the sd card wont even register in the usb card reader plzzzzzz help

15. Jhon 591

Sounds like its become corupt...

If is asking you do format, mabe thats what you will have to do, and start a fresh with your kernal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.