1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problem With Lameboy V.11

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by daddy_will_will, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddy_will_will

daddy_will_will New Member

Hey

I'm having some problems with Lameboy v.11.

I have a R4ds the new sdhc one. with the latest 1.22 kernel fireware.

Got some .GB and .GBC roms and put them in a GB folder. when i click on the GB folder (when i'm in lameboy) it doesn't recognize any roms in the folder. i reset my console, put my roms in the root directory then try again. I click on the rom in the root directory and it starts but i only get a white screen and then a little line that flashes, and no picture.

Can any one help in how to fix this problem.

thank you.

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

R4SDHC is fake, it's a copy of the real R4, it may even brick your ds in the future.

3. daddy_will_will

So

having a cloned R4, means that it won't work at all? i cant get any other emulators to work either like the jenesis, or snesds, or the nes one either?

I have had my R4 for over 4 weeks now haven't had any problems at all..... yet. except for the gb emulator.

I also spoke to a website who sells the original r4, and they said that some clones are fine to use and this one (R4sdhc) is unlikely to brick.

4. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It is unlikely to brick but they won't be as good as the original R4 so somethings may not work

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You don't need to have the GB/C ROMs in any folder. Probably your clone can't run Lameboy properly. What are the ROMs?

6. daddy_will_will

one's like
    the final fantasy legend, legend of zelda etc. the good ones. i'll try just on the root folder again and see if it works.

7. Yarukinasu

Yarukinasu Well-Known Member

I got R4DS SDHC too and I'm kinda having a same problem... But the GB ROM Shows but I can't get it to work... Also, I don't think R4DS SDHC is fake because all of my NDS ROM works, which there's over 100 games that I have, emulators like NES, SNES, SEGA, Colco... something, and they all work. But why is lameboy not working? Maybe I need like one of those thing for Famicom Disk System like disksys.rom but for lameboy? I should ask the creator of lameboy.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

People throw around the word "Fake" but really they mean "Clone".

They just mean it's a card that was copied (and modified, usually) from the original, and sold to be either a superior or upgraded version of the old card, or in some cases like some fake TTDS cards, they try to pass themselves off AS the original. But in reality they have no ties to the original creators and are just using the name.

As far as bricking or damage goes, I've only heard of the N5 being dangerous.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

fake DSTTs are dangerous with the original DSTT firmware.

10. Yarukinasu

Yarukinasu Well-Known Member

Oh I see... Good thing I didn't get TTDS... This one guy was encouraging me to get TTDS but I refused it... So I guess having R4DS clone is okay? I still don't think mine is cloned because my package was different... It wasn't a box.

11. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Not many R4DS fakes/clones are damaging mind, but the N5 and one other R4(Something or other on the end) can damage the DS. Also many fakes/clones are of bad quality

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.