1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problem with EDGE and 8GB MicroSD card

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by fabvini, May 2, 2012.

1. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

Hi, I bought a microSD card (8GB) from amazon. Unfortunately, I'm having a hell of a problem. A few days ago I formatted it and put some games on it. When it was on the flashcart screen and it was "loading..." a game it freezed and I turned off my DS lite. After I turned it on again and it said that EDGE.DAT could not be found. I thought that was weird, so I put the SD card in the PC and all the data (games, everything) had been erased. I got very mad and formatted it again and put some other games. THe flashcart was working perfectly for 2 days when suddenly today the same problem happened again. Is there anyway I can solve this?

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Weird problem...

What are you formatting it with?
    Does the EDGE card support SDHC?

3. fabvini

EDGE does support SDHC and I'm formatting it with Panasonic SD card Formatter

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Humph.
    Possibly you got a corrupted download... try again.

Then re-install the firmware.
    Make sure it is patched with the latest firmware.

Oh, and make sure you are using the right firmware.
    The one you are using might be fore an EDGEi or something.

5. sasaakoo

sasaakoo Well-Known Member

Hello there i have an EDGE Flashcart and i think that it can only support 2GB - 4GB Micro SD's :)
    I don't know about the iEDGE though.

Make sure all the necessary files like EDGE.dat and etc. are all there :)
    Mine is a EDGE with 2GB MicroSD and it works fine.

6. PrettyGirl16

PrettyGirl16 Member

I have an EDGE too but I use mine with a 4GB MicroSD Card. I think any higher then that could cause the DS to freeze :) Or maybe you have a game that caused it to delete everything?

P.S. Sometimes my EDGE.DAT gets deleted too so I have to replace it. But other then that it works fine :D

7. fabvini

Yes, my EDGE.DAT gets deleted too, but with my games :( I formatted it now and put three games on it (Rhythm Heaven, Sonic Colours, FF IV and Okamiden). So far so good :D