1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problem with Dolphin 2.0 plugin setup

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by newbie1234, Sep 22, 2010.

1. newbie1234

newbie1234 Active Member

hello, I just downloaded Dolphin 2.0 but when i tried to start a game I got a bunch of error msgs about certain plugins not found.

so I go into the config window, try to setup a gamepad plugin, I know there is at least one that came with it but when I try to select one all that comes up in the drop down menu is a blank screen shown here:

http://img806.imageshack.us/f/87916707.jpg/

please help. how do I get it to recognize keyboard gamepad plugins so I can play?

same blank space comes up when I try to select a wiimote plugin as well

2. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Hello newbie1234 it's nice to meet you, well why don't you post your PC's especifications?
    If you dunno what you got there, press Windows + R and execute this: DXDIAG and save it and post here in spoilers.
    The oficial dolphin has been stopped in version 2.0, however, it's an open source software, which means that a programmer can make it better, the latest version works file for me.
    I also use an Operational System with 64 bits architeture, that runs it faster.
    Dolphin 6117 is the lattest version I seen.

And the version you got there isn't all assembled, there's not plugins there, they're either missing in some folder or they didn't put it with the emulator, download the one I told above, it comes with many cool plugins.
    However, still, show us your specifications.

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Check whether both 'Plugin_GCPad.dll' and 'Plugin_GCPadNew.dll' plugins are located in your Dolphin's Plugins folder.
    If yes, update your Direct X, as well your Microsoft Visual C++, if not, redownload the emulator.

Plugin related errors mostly caused by an outdated version of Direct X, or the required plugins are missing from the Plugins Folder.
    But the latter cause is unlikely to happen if you download the emulator from the main site.
    Only use SVN version if you're having problems with certain games, mainly graphic issue on the Official Build.

4. newbie1234

newbie1234 Active Member

the plugins did indeed come with the emulator and are in the correct folder, however, they do not appear in the drop-down menu in the plugin config screen.

I will try meganova's suggestions and if that does nothing I will look for a different ver. of the emulator.

5. phscarface

The newers versions has less bugs and more Frame per second rate, go for it.
    6117 is the newest I checked.

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

your way off for posting that today ::)

http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/download.html

those are the latest SVN builds, preconfigured.

7. phscarface

LOL I must've looked into other wrong place, in a local site from here, maybe they didn't update the news there hmmmm

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well the site i linked does 2-3 updates a day :p they just compile it for ya so you don't have to :)

9. phscarface

Well Thank you my friend, we were here to help the guy there but you came and indirectly helped me ^^

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well...i might as well make an on-topic post 8)
    i believe it has to do with the GPU, because 2.0 has never worked for anyone i know with an intel video card... so my guess is, try an SVN ranging from current, to let's say 4226, cuz i think that was the one where a fix was integrated for Intel based GPU's..cuz that was the first one i got close to working on mine :p