1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problem with cheat database :@

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by capt kayoss, Apr 14, 2010.

1. capt kayoss

capt kayoss Member

right, i have a r4sdhc and have been trying to update the gbatemp cheat database for best part of a day or two, its been bugging me and if someone has a solution I'm going to kick myself.

I'm running firmware version 1.25 and did have a few cheats working and showing. i tried to update the database and all cheats disappeared. no press y to cheat button. I've tried a few things, aswell as updating the firmware to 1.34 ( i don't do it often :D ) but that makes the firmware become Chinese, even though i specifically selected the English download. When i updated the cheats appeared for a lot of games, not all of them ( due to r4 bug about cheat database, even though Yoshi island and TWEWY had cheats? ) but when selecting the cheats and saving, then booting the game, no cheats were active.

any help will be greatly received, especially those who know what there talking about. :D

P.S i don't want to hear about your edge or your cyclo and how its easier or better than what i have, I've always managed to get games working and never had to ask for help in a year and a half/two years, but this really gets me everytime i do it and i always manage to luck out

Peace.
    kayoss

2. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

does yours have the 1.4 mark on it or not?
    Where do you get your firmware from?

3. Lopz0r

Lopz0r Active Member

I always had problems with R4sdhc.
    I then bought an acekard 2i.
    :]

4. capt kayoss

capt kayoss Member

is this 1.4 mark on the actual r4 or not? and the 1.25 i had originally was from linfoxdomain, and the new 1.34 was from r4sdhc.com

5. EntropicKitty

yeah it should be on the actual r4...

6. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

It depens which cheat database you use or want to use.

All R4 and its clones uses Cheat.dat and not USR cheat.dat
    the diffince is that the Cheat.dat is encrypted and the USR cheat.dat isn't

There is also a known problem with R4 and cheat.dat

There is a problem with some flashcards such as the R4DS and all of its clones (M3 Simply, N5DS, ect) which limits the number of cheats that are displayed for games. This means that cheats for games that appear at the end of the cheat file are not displayed, this includes games for The World Ends With You, Yu-Gi-Oh, Trauma Center and others.

You have four options, the first is to get a new flashcard, the second is to delete the games from the cheat file you don't plan to use, the third option is to move the games to the top of the list and the fourth option is to use an alternate firmware/loader for your flashcard such as YSMenu, AKAIO and so on.

Before posting about games not having cheats in the forums, please check the GameList.txt file to see if the game really does have cheats.

Simply to say keep the Cheat.dat below the 2 MB and only use and add cheats you want to use and every cheat will work.

7. richard734

richard734 Member

With YSmenu, how do you stop teh cheats coming up in Chinese?
    I have set the language thing to GB, and YS menu works fine until I try andlook at cheats. If I need to update teh cheat file, 2 questions - where do I get iyt from and where do I put it :)

8. EntropicKitty

usrcheat.dat works fine on my r4 and my r4i

9. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

That's possible some types accept both databases but on some the USR cheatdatabase
    will not work it also depends on the used firmwire on the flashcard.

I suggest try both databases (you can find the lastest here:http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/)
    If cheat.dat does not show all cheats try USRCheat.dat and see which works.

10. capt kayoss

capt kayoss Member

well i have no idea what ive done but ive manage to make it work and cheats stay enabled. just lucked out once again. btw im not covering as doing it myself its just your methods didnt work and i randomly got it working. going to leave it for quite a while. may save up for a new flashcart and use this for just the older games. any recommendations for new cards and why do you thing they are the best? no price restriction as by some other luck ive got quite a bit of money at the mo, and nothing coming up really, well pizza tomorrow but yea... you dont need to know that really... :D