1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problem with Bookworm

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jace1997, Jan 14, 2010.

1. jace1997

jace1997 New Member

Has anyone had any trouble playing Bookworm US? My screen goes black when I try.

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Give more explanation like what Emulator or Flashcart that you're using.

3. MisterS42

MisterS42 New Member

There is AP on the rom. Xenophobia are aware of the problem and are looking into. At the moment I know of no fix.

4. jace1997

jace1997 New Member

I have DSL with R4. When I turn DS on it shows the game, when I select the my screen goes black?

5. lugol

lugol New Member

I hope "Xenophobia" is working hard on it !! ::)

6. litatude

litatude New Member

Doing the same thing on my Cyclo DS. Anyone figured anything out yet

7. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

This should be addressed to Technical Help , not here.

8. baroquebob

baroquebob New Member

Re: Problem with Bookworm - workaround for AK2

I was able to get this ROM working on my AceKard 2. Here's a high-level overview of what I did:

1. Update AKAIO loader to v1.5
    2. Perform an Arm7 swap on Bookworm ROM using dsbuff.exe
    3. Copy patched ROM to card.
    4. When launching patched Bookworm ROM, keep 'X' button depressed until game has loaded.

Have not thoroughly tested, but game does load, and appears to play and save ok.

9. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

I'm having problems using dslazy and dsbuff on my pc.....i have .net 3.5 installed ...am i missing something.....give me an in-site please.appreciate it

thanks
    8)

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What happens exactly?

11. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

The error is basically saying the same thing for both ....
    It states that (dslazy) (dsbuff) has encountered an error and has terminated the program...
    I know thats very vague but thats all it reports....
    I uninstalled .net 3.5 and re-installed it once more and I still get the same results.....

thanks
    8)

12. The AP hacker

The AP hacker Well-Known Member

For CycloDS users having this problem, download Firmware 1.56B7. It fixes most current game problems including Bookworm and Nintendo Presents Crowssword Collection (E).

13. fantasy252

fantasy252 Well-Known Member

any fix for the m3 real yet? :-\

14. anandjones

Yes, update to the latest firmware. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

15. GoldenTalesGeek

GoldenTalesGeek Well-Known Member

I wish there was a fix for my SuperCard... :'(

16. raycoedmawr

raycoedmawr New Member

Re Bookworm any known fix for the R4 card? I have this on pc and love the game.

17. fantasy252

well i downloaded the latest firmware for the m3 ds real.and this gaame still doesn`t work.only get a black screen:(

18. anandjones

Did you use http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/M3G6_DS_Real_v4.7d_M61_Multi.zip ? Did you update your firmware properly? http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/?mode=desc&fileid=1786

In the changelog, Bookworms is fixed.

19. fantasy252

anandjones i sent you a pm :)
    Post Merge: [time]1263864678[/time]
    let me know if you get the pm.thanks.
    Post Merge: [time]1263869200[/time]
    Well i downloaded the sakura one,extracted the folder and tried to paste it in the exsisting folder and it wouldn`t all fit.I don`t think it over rided the old one.But the games still play but have no space left in the system folder(help me fix it),something went wrong for sure.Sorry if this is confusing but i am not good with puters.lol.I just want to update the firmware for my m3ds real.The version i have is v4.2ax.But probably a bit of the other one too.lol.
    any help would be great.thanks.

20. anandjones

You'll need to use the M3 Real firmware. You can delete all files except for your ROMs/saves etc. and then install the firmware.