1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problem with ak2i on a dsi 1.4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tiguiti, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiguiti

tiguiti Well-Known Member

i just bougth a acekard 2i(10 minute ago)so im noob again...

when i touch the ak2i icon on my dsi menu,i got this:

An error has occured.Press and holdthe Power buton to turn the system off.Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.

is there a problem with this?

tanks in advance

Tiguiti

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

your DSi is on 1.4 which means it is blocked from using flashcards, have you a dslite?

have a read of this https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=21995.0

3. artschoolgrrl

artschoolgrrl Active Member

I just got an Acekard 2i in the mail today and got the same message. Apparently, unless you have a DS Lite hanging around, there's no way to update the Acekard to work with 1.4.
    u
    My question is, once you've updated the Acekard 2i, is that it? Do you not have to update it anymore? Does adding games to the SD card affect it being updated or am I going to have to borrow a friend's DS Lite every time I want to add games to my Acekard?

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

1 update is enough

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The update changes the internal portion of the Acekard, the part not on the MicroSD. So once it's updated, you can use which ever MicroSDs you want, what ever games, what ever firmwares, etc.

6. artschoolgrrl

artschoolgrrl Active Member

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kindness you've got for noobs!

7. tiguiti

tiguiti Well-Known Member

i got it to work on a freaking french website.but tanks anyway for the post:)
    Post Merge: [time]1262984625[/time]
    i have a other question.
    can we put emulator on a acekard?like gba or snes?if we can,post a link please!

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes. Not GBA though. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=5002.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.