1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problem with AceKard 2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by slapmeorelse, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

So recently I bought two AceKard 2's and two 8-GB MicroSD's to go with them... These were for my friends.

They arrived. Now to test them...

One of the Ace Kards doesn't work; the DS reads "There is no DS card inserted." But no problem with the other =3

Here's the major problem though:

I put in the __ak2 folder (whatever it's named) and the akmenu4.nds in the root menu of the card. Then I put the exact same files I have in MY AceKard into one of the other SD cards. Then when I loaded it up, it appeared ???.(?? or something like that. I put it in my T-Flash USB flash drive, then inserted it in the computer. The computer read all the files in all these weird symbols and characters. I'd describe it like... glitchy computer writing and random characters written from the Character Map (?). You couldn't delete the files...

I formatted the card via My Computer (deleting ALL of the files I put on the card, including the glitched up ones). And then I tried inserting the files. Nothing wrong with that. Except when I start New Folder, there are files that come into the folder even though I didn't do anything. The files have the same glitchy names. You couldn't delete these files either, or the New Folder. (Thanks to my Vista's prompts, however, I was able to fix the glitchy files and erase them and the New Folder. You did something right for once, Vista >_>)

Then I tried inserting the AKAIO folder and the akmenu4.nds files into the root menu of the card. Plugged it into AceKard 2. Stuck at "Loading"

Then same thing, except with the original AceKard firmware. Still stuck at "Loading"

If this helps, the two 8-GB's I ordered were Kingston's. My 8-GB MicroSD (that actually WORKS) is from SanDisk.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

For the one with the there is no ds game inserted, it happens to me sometimes, try taking the microsd card out of the flashcart then put it back in, usually fix's it for me

3. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

The first few times I used mines,I didnt realise that seating the microsd was "spring activated".
    When you insert the card,a couple of millimetres should be sticking out,then push it down carefully and the "lock" should stop it popping back up-a bit like clicking down a pen.....

If your using AKAIO,did you download the nloader

http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/

You install it where it tells you,but first you have to delete the files thats in the that folder first.....

4. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Thanks you guys. Right now, I'm trying to format the Kingston 8 GB's... found out they weren't formatted properly, maybe?

And as for my SanDisk, I found out it got infected by a worm >_> Luckily I deleted it
    Post Merge: [time]1260401685[/time]
    Formatting.. Done! Took me two hours though...

Writing a New Folder in there doesn't do anything anymore, thank God.

Now I'm at "Loading" screen, and then it blinks. But it doesn't take me to AKAIO menu, instead, it freezes..

After looking at what was in the __aio folder..

This was what I meant by glitchy writing:

[​IMG]

And check this out, too..

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.