1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problem with 5.00 m33-6 not recognizing an eboot

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hotshotveggie, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotshotveggie

hotshotveggie New Member

Hey guys, I've been searching all over the internet about this and haven't found any forum threads that seem to address this problem. I have my tactics ogre ISO that works perfectly on my epsxe emulator, and seems to convert to eboot perfectly fine using psx2psp v1.4.2. But when I copy the rom to my GAME folder, it shows up as corrupted data :/

I'm running 5.00 m33-6, I have a recent popsloader package (which doesnt help because i cant even run the game), and I've tried a lot of things. I've converted uncompressed, I've reripped using various softwares, I've even gotten extra copies of the tactics ogre rom (i bought them all *cough*) to see if that was the problem. No luck... does anyone have an idea as to the problem here? Am I going to have to downgrade?

Thanks in advance

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List#T

The compatibility list says the same thing... and I don't see a fix. Maybe you will have to downgrade? Or play it on ePSXe until a new CFW comes out. I think Dark Alex decided to skip 5.5 because of nothing added outweighing the problems caused.

(Googling around is showing up more threads by you on other sites. I found that a little funny.)

3. hotshotveggie

hotshotveggie New Member

Er, I edited the psx compatibility to show people that so far i havent been able to run it on 5.00 m33-6. I'm hoping someone will notice and prove me wrong.

Yeah, I did a LOT of searching before posting too... This is actually my first post asking for help ever. I really hope somebody has a solution, I have a feeling it's possible to play it but I'm just slightly off on something :/

4. TirithRR

Alright, I downloaded Tactics Ogre from Romulation.net and converted it with PSX2PSP 1.4.2 into an Eboot file

I put the eboot on my PSP (PSP 1000 with CFW 5.00M33-6)

It appears to be working just fine. No corrupted data, or anything. I started up the game, watched the opening sequence, let it sit at the menu and nothing bad happened.

Have you tried converting it again? Maybe something went wrong the first time? And of course it has to go in PSP/GAME.

If you wish, I can upload the eboot to say... Megaupload. It's only 48MB.

Edit:
    Next time, you should verify issues before making edits to frequently used compatibility lists. Otherwise you possibly spread false information.

Edit2:
    Here is a verified working copy of the Tactics Ogre Eboot. Works on my PSP 1000 with 5.00M33-6
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=21015.0

5. hotshotveggie

hotshotveggie New Member

Damn... I used romnations copy just in case, converted with 1.4.2, put the eboot folder in the GAME folder with all my others... and its still the only one showing up "corrupted data." It just doesn't make any sense. I'm running 5.00 m33-6, using the official psx2psp, ive tried every copy of the game i can find, and it still wont run. The sad thing is, final fantasy tactics is my favorite game so ive been looking forward to tactics ogre for a while. argh

Edit: yeah you're right, I thought it was a general firmware problem but I shouldnt have added the issue to the list without making sure. Looks like its just me.

6. TirithRR

Updated the post with an upload of my working eboot.

7. hotshotveggie

hotshotveggie New Member

Oh man thank you so much! I must have been using a whack setting for my converter or something, because your eboot works! You really made my day, thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out with this.

Off to enjoy an SRPG masterpiece :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.