1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problem w/unzipping file

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RomMan9000, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RomMan9000

RomMan9000 Well-Known Member

So I grabbed the ISO for Disney's Dinosaur from here, downloaded it and started to unzip the file.

The .cdd file extracted fine, the .sub file was ok, but when I tried to get the .img file, I got an error:
    Extracting Disney's Dinosaur [SLUS-01167].img Error: CRC mismatch in file "Disney's Dinosaur [SLUS-01167].img" in the archive "C:\Documents and Settings\****\My Documents\Downloads\Disney's Dinosaur [SLUS-01167].rar"

I have WinZip 11.2 if it helps.

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Use Winrar, winzip is rubbish.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Even though Winzip 11 can open RAR files, you should probably use WinRAR for RAR files. Make sure you have the latest version, since sometimes the algorithm changes. http://www.rarlab.com/

It is possible your download was corrupted. If that is the case you will have to download the file again. You should use a download manager like FlashGet to help avoid that. www.flashget.com/en/download.htm

4. RomMan9000

Well I got about 6 minutes left for the download, so I do I run FlashGet after the download is complete?

5. sexywogboy

You use Flashget to download the file. It's a download manager, which means it downloads files for you.

6. RomMan9000

Call me a noob, lol.
    Thanks, I'll give this a shot.
    So, do I use this for anything I want to download? This gonna prevent any possible corrupted files? If so, thanks for the help.

7. sexywogboy

Yes. Yes it will prevent possible corrupted downloads because default web browser download managers aren't that good at all.

8. RomMan9000

How soon after you start the add in the Url and start the download are you going to see a change? It's been a while and I have yet to see any progress.

9. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Download managers do not work on Romulation unless you are a premium member. Refer to the following link here:

Premium Member Downloader

EDIT: Nevermind. It does work. However, should your connection break, be aware that your download will not always resume as each download is session-based.

10. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

If you set Flashget to use only one connection, it should work fine.

11. RomMan9000

I don't know, Premium for just the one file? Maybe the zip file can be fixed?

12. tehuber1337

No need for premium or anything.

13. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

actually, i frequently download roms using dl manager.

im using downthemall! plugins for mozilla...

14. sexywogboy

I use IDM (Internet Download Manager).

15. RomMan9000

I'm sorry guys, but even after downloading the File using Firefox, and downloading/installing WinRar using the link in the Tuts section, I still got the message saying the .img file is corrupted.

16. tehuber1337

Did you try using a download manager?

17. RomMan9000

I used downthemall.

18. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

Try to download another of the same type of game and see if that works, if not, it is probably the game thats corrupted

19. RomMan9000

It's that one single file that's corrupted. The .cdd and .sub files are fine. It's that darn .img file.

Besides, any other ISO I try looking for is in Torrent form. And heck if I know how to get nullDC or even Demu to work.

EDIT: What do you mean download another type of the same game?

20. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Another file?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.