1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problem opening up a WinRar Rom, HELP.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dannymizer, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Dannymizer

Dannymizer Well-Known Member

Hope someone can help me with this and hope I'm asking in the right section about this problem.

I have Black Ops for PS3 and wanted to give it a try on the DSi.

I downloaded it from the rom section here and it is 5360 - Call of Duty - Black Ops (U) I don't know if the Europe version is the same or not but if it is I'll just get that instead to try.

When I then tried to extract rom #5360, I get a WinRar Diagnostic Message saying 'File is Corrupt'. While extracting I see it reaches 100% in the extract meter but the Processed meter gets to 99% and immediately gets the corrupt error.

I tried a couple other roms and they downloaded and extracted just fine.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the connection was interrupted during download. delete the file and redownload it.

3. Dannymizer

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll try to re-download now and let u know if it works
    Post Merge: [time]1354904209[/time]
    Tried deleting and redownloading it 3-4 times and always get the same corrupt error when extracting.

I tried a couple other roms just to test and they extract fine, so I'm thinking there is something either wrong with rom #5360 or my PC.

Could someone else try to extract it to see if it is just me?

Thanks

4. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Just checked Rom 5360 BlackOps
    It seems there IS some problem with the Rom
    Dannymizer is right,when extraction reaches 99% it stops saying file is corrupt...

Dannymizer do not wory there is nothing wrong with your pc....
    its just a problem with the rom,the site administrators will fix it soon and you can download the game again after sometime...

5. DeGladiator

DeGladiator Well-Known Member

6. Dannymizer

Thank you for taking your time to check the rom. Glad it's not me or my pc.
    Post Merge: [time]1354982264[/time]
    Would there be any difference between E or U versions? I'll try the E out a bit later

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

functionally no, content wise possibly, E may contain a different (possibly larger) selection of languages, and some other content may differ slightly in some cases (like localised references) Both usually contain english