1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problem having my wii read Dual Layer ORIGINAL games/pimp my wii issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

my uncle bougth me metroid prime triology on colombia when he was sent on a trip, i know both venezuela (my country) and colombia use NTSC-U format, yet for some odd reason it refuses to read random dvd's it will read a copy of sengoku basara but will refuse to read golden eye 007.

the issue comes with metrioid prime triology, i know this is an original game but when i insert it directly onto the wii it says 'cannot read disc' the manuals are of not much help.

the odd thing it was that before it could read my other game, super smash bros brawl, odd thing comes in now it cannot read it, and i have every CIOS updated bar the IOS 61 that is updating as we speak and an other that is the IOS 80.

so what the heck is going on? i had troubles for some games to be read on 4.2 do i need to downgrade? if so are there any safe downgraders? as 4.2 offered minimal advantages and i updated as an idiot.

onto the pimp my wii issue when it's downloading both IOS it gets to 7/15 and then it says there was an error on the http and that is it cancels the download.

for the first what i can do to fix this problem?, same goes for the second, i have an NTSC first gen wii with 4.2 system menu, latst CIOS installed by pimp my wii latest CIOS 222 and 249 rev20b