1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problem getting ROMs to run and replacing ROMs

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Robin_2k7, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin_2k7

Robin_2k7 Member

Right, so I only started using your site yesterday... but Im having a few problems getting a few ds roms to run.

- Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Im sorry if its been said (Probably has but i couldnt find it anywhere) - Just loads a blank white screen and doesnt go any further
    - Yugioh GX Spirit Walker freezes when you type your name in...

Diabolical box worked fine though, thanks a lot!

Erm so yeah I tried to get rid of the ones that didnt work and put new games from my computer on but now I cant seem to get rid of the silly things. Deleted them off my card, put on Kingdom Hearts ... loaded up and woah, the original games that dont work are still on the card. Tried deleting them again... still there. And my new game hasnt turned up either.

Please help me :(

Thanks!

2. idpaul

idpaul Active Member

hi
    certain games have a set cartridge backup media setting
    meaning for a game like driving theory you would need to set the NDS CBM to 0.5KBytes

and for a game like super mario 64 you would need to set it to Flash 256 or 512

try setting the CBM differantly and resetting the game

3. Robin_2k7

Robin_2k7 Member

Im sorry...I dont know much about roms. How exactly do I do that? Thanks :)

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You don't unless you're using an emulator, idpaul probably didn't read your post thoroughly enough.

That said, the first step to solving problems is reading this thread: https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

5. Robin_2k7

Robin_2k7 Member

Ok cool. Im using an R4.

I've found the solution to the game freezing... being format your card, but I cant see anything about games not being deleted? Sorry if its there, but im still stuck with it :( Thanks!

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are deleting the games and not just the save files? One will be .NDS and the other will be .SAV

If you only delete the SAV file, then the game will still be there.

7. Robin_2k7

Robin_2k7 Member

Nope.. I put all my games in folders so I just deleted the folder.

Um I just tried to format my memory card and the stupid thing wont even do that. I think there must be something wrong with it. Am i doing the right settings in FAT32, 4096 bytes, etc? It looks like its doing it then promptly tells me that it failed to format. So Im stuck with all games that wont delete or format at all yet they all play fine (except for the broken ones) even after I've 'deleted' them.

Hmmmmm.

8. Seph

Some MicroSD cards have a lock function where it goes into read-only mode. Check to see if there's a tiny switch on it.

9. Robin_2k7

Robin_2k7 Member

Cant see one... :(

Ok so i went out and bought a new card today. Formatted it. Put all my games back on. Yet Im having problems with all the games I've downloaded from here :( The other ones are fine...

Kingdom Hearts 358 days freezes after you start a new game
    Professor Layton and the Curious village still doesnt load up...
    and Yugioh GX still freezes as i try to type in my name.

So formatting hasnt really solved... does anyone have any other ideas? :( Or has anyone got these games themselves? Thankssss.

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

For Kingdom Hearts:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=17843.0

For the other games:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

11. Robin_2k7

Robin_2k7 Member

Great, thanks a lot, fixed the Kingdom Hearts issue. I checked the other thread and all I can see it says is format card and I've tried that as much to an extent as buying a new card. Sorry to be a pain. Is there anything else I can do? Or should I abandon it. Thanks

12. Seph

You could try using a trick called arm7 patching, there might be a tutorial on it. That's generally what R4 people do when games doesn't work on their flash carts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.