1. This forum is in read-only mode.

problem between burnt cd games crashes on psx and emulator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by reityrant, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reityrant

reityrant Member

i experienced this problem with my valkyrie profile ps1 game. i made a copy of my original valkyrie profile because it doesnt run well on my psx. then at first, when i started disc 1, the games works pretty well, but when i finished disk 1 and was asked to change to disc 2, the cd just keeps on spinning but the monitors stays all black. i tried to play the game on my pc with an emulator, the game doesnt crash at all.. so that means the game disc i copied isnt damaged. why does it crash on my psx. my psx is still in good shape and condition so im sure it is not my psx thats damaged. can anyone tell me the problem? i just dont fill like playing the game on my pc coz my computers sound driver doenst work. which is a big loss for the game which has very nice dubs. pls help me.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

When you played the game on your PC, was this still the same CD or was it an image to play it?

3. reityrant

reityrant Member

thanks for you reply. i used the same cd to check if the cd is defective but it worked.. and my psx console is still in good shape.. i searched for any solution online and found out that the original cd contains something they call us boot sectors that the console reads to start the cd.. and they also said that blank cds dont have those boot sectors.. is there any other way to fix this? my original disks are all worn out and not working.. i really really want to finish this game, reading the manga isnt enough.. pls help..

4. anandjones

Could you try burning another copy?

5. reityrant

reityrant Member

i already tried, but the same results came up.. but i havent tried using another brand of cd.. i am using sony branded cds.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...that is odd, sony make good stuff...

Prehaps it's an anit copy-right feature on the disc, that isn't affecting the emulator because it ignores it...but that is just a theroy...never heard an emu working better than the real thing, but since the game is burnt...who knows...

Is it possible to get the "real" disc to do a system test...it could be the ps1, sometimes a system will play up for no reason, or at least seem it...

If not, don't worry...least you have the emu to fall back on :)

7. tomitanoshii

tomitanoshii Well-Known Member

Its either a copy or a bad burn. If its a latter try burning the cd again. You could post here what program you used for burning and how you did it.

8. reityrant

reityrant Member

i heard about this anti copyright thing before, such as for the games legend of dragoon.. but they say there are some patches they use to make it play on ps1.. havent tried it though, this is the only game i burnt coz my original disc are worn out.. and i cant find any other original disk. ang the emu never work as good as the ps1 does, thats y i dont usually use my emu.. i prefer much plying games on my ps1.

and about the bad copy, ill try burning using any other cd brands. but sony is the best so far.. because its very compatible with my ps1. and is durable..

and about the patches, maybe theres a patches to make he ps1 ignore those boot sectors.. i just hope so... any one know other solution?

i used ashampoo in burning. i think its much reliable than nero.. i got used on this program though.. i use it all the time..

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

use imgburn for burning images.

10. reityrant

reityrant Member

is that a program? imgburn right.. ok ill try if it works.. is it very good?

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

12. tomitanoshii

tomitanoshii Well-Known Member

Just remember to burn them at 4x speed so it'll generate less errors.

13. anandjones

It's best to burn at the slowest speed/s yes.

14. reityrant

reityrant Member

slowest speed you say? based on what ive read in the net, the speed depends upon the cd-rom right? mine has the slowest speed of 8x.. but ill try imgburn, maybe i can use a slower speed, and by the way, i burnt valkyrie profile with 16x speed. is it okay? maybe thats the reason why it doest really run well.. maybe ill just try it.. thanks for the info. ;D

15. anandjones

Yes. Burn at the slowest speed possible always.

16. reityrant

reityrant Member

i havent burnt another copy yet but i read about this in the net.. they say there a way to combine multi disk games into 1 to prevent saving problems. is it possible to combine disks 1 and 2 of valkyrie profile and burn them in 1 disk? even if doesnt really work well, i just need to continue from disk 1 to disk 2. coz the main problem is how to transfer from disk 1 to disk 2.. is it possible? what programs should i use?

17. anandjones

If that is possible, you'd probably need a software of some sort specifically for it.

18. reityrant

reityrant Member

right now, am researching for any way.. if anyone has found a new way. pls inform me.. thanks ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.