1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Movie - your thoughts & opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crimson089, Jun 5, 2010.

1. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

I've seen the movie just a while ago. I personally think it was a good film, I think if anyone knows nothing about this video game, they will really appreciate it. I know it's a loose adaptation of sands of time, but I liked the storyline and the actors are quite talented. I was pretty nostalgic, I want to play it again on my gc lol. For a movie ticket, I think this is a great movie rather than the upcoming eclipse from the twilight saga. Someone should agree with me!! lol ^-^

So if anyone has watched the movie Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, please share your thoughts and opinions. Thank you!! ^-^

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it, i was a pretty good movie

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Haven't watched it yet, but may before the weekend is out, and Robin Hood as well.

4. awesmazing

awesmazing Member

I haven't seen it yet either but if you say it gives great nostalgia value I'm in. I just downloaded a gamecube emulator so I can play it again because, after the metroid prime series, and mario titles, and tales of symphonia, oh and pikmin... it really was the best gc game.

5. RenaldoTT

RenaldoTT Well-Known Member

It was well done but I never liked the idea of what the Director wanted to do. I understand because I don't know for sure and after seeing the movie to me it's proof that's the direction he took which was to sway away from the story line of the game and make it his own special flick. To me I didn't like that idea much but it came out alright if you forget what the game is about. I didn't like the ending, been done so many times. In fact the story line (the basic concept) has been done before also. I've never met a Persia but I doubt they speak English and if they did why did they sound so Englishman like in the movie? Not 100% raw Englishman but yea. It didn't live up to the game but it was well done. I wouldn't pay to go see it though.

6. Baacon

Baacon Member

I wasn't expecting too much from this film, but I got REALLY impressed. It's very good :)
    We are in a good film period, with good films being released [with the powerful help of the technology, of course], like it was in the middle of 90s, I think. :)

7. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

the storyline was very far from the game's, it was a different story and i like the idea. i think it's not that bad. but for me, this is the best loose adaptation film so far lol. i also noticed their british accent (i love this english accent, i wish i could learn it :(), but they somehow managed to match the persians' skin color. ^-^

you should see it, it's really great. i'm not really a big fan but i enjoy playing ubisoft games, especially their famous prince of persia series, one of the best action game in the industry and i agree, one of the best game for gamecube. i like sands of time, i never get to finish warrior within and i also haven't tried forgotten sands, but what i really enjoy most is the two thrones. i'm looking forward for a sequel to this movie, i want to see the dark prince! ^-^

8. dragonball1371

dragonball1371 New Member

the new prince of persia the sands of time is a good movie but the real question is is it good enough to watch over and over again or even buying the movie thats the real question

9. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

you don't need to. there is no resemblance to the game and the movie besides the dagger of time and the prince of persia. I watched and compared

10. 007rsk

007rsk New Member

Well it's a great movie although a little run of the game, the movie has a super cast where the characters are identical to the game, as the first adaptation to consider the first game despite being a little weak but I expect more to next he'll already be a trilogy .....

11. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

To me, it was a good movie, whether you look at it as a loose adaptation, or an original film taken as its own.
    It's good for what it is, an action adventure movie that the whole family can enjoy, appreciate and understand. Nothing too deep, complex or too subtle.

One thing I'd like to point out, throughout the film, they depicted the Prince with similarities to their game counterparts. At the beginning, the prince looked like how he did in the Two Thrones and the like. Later in the film, he looked like his 2008 re-hash. It was a nice touch for those who recognize the game.

12. chriff18

chriff18 New Member

I really want that dagger... that'd be sweet.

13. neocrest

neocrest New Member

garunteed they will have dagger replicas sometime after the movie comes out or they just might have them for sale only on the web because of the games.

14. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

liked the movie only the ending could be better

15. footy

footy Active Member

Want to see it but what I've seen in the trailer it looks terrible. But don't judge films by their trailers. I judged the first Twilight trailer by what I thought of it. Trailer wasn't that good but the movie was amazing! But I prefer Eclipse from PoP:TSOT. So PoP is a no-go for me.