1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Presidental Elections: Is there a real point anymore?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HumrH360, Aug 8, 2008.

1. HumrH360

HumrH360 Well-Known Member

America's next top leader is going to revealed in about 3 months. True, this is going to be the election of a lifetime, especially since it's the first time an African-American or a Woman is going to take the White House. But the question: Is our new president going to continue onward from there, or just leave it at "First Black or Female President?" :-\

Personally, I don't exactly think that either of the candidates will actually change America. Sure, they say they'll do something about our lethargy crisis (Gasoline Prices) and stuff like that, but will they really do it? :-\
    Dunno...

2. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Did you miss the part where it can't be a woman anymore?

3. HumrH360

??? Since when did that happen ???

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Hillary pulled out ages ago...

5. HumrH360

Woah, never saw that one coming

6. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

i saw that coming the moment she ran for president (it's a though world for women)

7. HumrH360

I guess that makes me the only one who never saw it coming? -_-;
    [facepalm]

8. RabidMonkey

RabidMonkey New Member

Did you also forget the fact that it can be America's oldest president to be inaugurated?

9. HumrH360

errrr... Say wha?

10. RabidMonkey

RabidMonkey New Member

McCain...

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

this is in Outdoor/Sports for what reason?

12. HumrH360

*Sigh* I posted an unneccesary topic. Forget I brought it up then.

13. RabidMonkey

RabidMonkey New Member

This is in General Discussion, don't know what you're looking at.

14. Reider

Reider Modereider

Its not that the topic is invalid, its more along the lines of you being really far behind the times, which is surprising considering its on TV almost nonstop.

The elections are one of the few instances where the American people get a say in anything, so that alone makes it at least have some point to it. Can't really say I'm the biggest fan of either candidate, but I'd rather have Obama over Clinton or McCain, but I'm sure there's someone who'll disagree with that for whatever reason.

Also, I just moved it here MB. :p

15. HumrH360

What can I say dude, I've lost interest in this presidental election thing since our city, South Bend, IN, got a new representative. He claim that he will stop the sale of "violent" video games. Question is: when? *Smartass Smirk*

16. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, Obama is preferable. There's either people who are racist, people who are sexist, or people who are both.

17. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I'd say you need to keep track of current events... :) . Anyways, right now it's realistically John McCain (white guy) and Barack Obama (black guy). So there you go. I'm putting my money on Obama.

18. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud at this opening post. It was never between Obama and Clinton anyways, they're both Democrats! But yes, as said, Clinton dropped out. And yes, this election is VERY important. We're facing the war in Iraq, which is affecting the rest of the world, we're facing an energy crisis, the US' economy is as stake (Kind of big piece of the puzzle. Note that before the war in Iraq, we had the biggest economy in the world TIMES THREE over Japan), we're approaching a time of further racial indifference -- this is the most important election in a long, long, time, folks. Our lifetimes? Perhaps, because the next president, in some ways, controls much of the fate for the rest of the world.

Anyways, will be headed to Canada ASAP if John McCain wins. He is an idiot beyond any appeal or intelligent recognition. His supporters are old pre-biased white men and, occasionally, some of their wives. If not, than the racist, homophobic, and the uninformed. I refuse to respect an admittedly homophobic president. It's irrational at this time. We need to progress FORWARDS, not back-peddle to Bush' fascist agendas.

19. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

its funny because NO politician actually knows how to manage our economy, yet they're the ones that run it. All of this talk about putting factories back into Michigan (that's where I live) is a step back and will NEVER work. the new economy is service-based, not industrial. Until those idiots realize that, there will be no progress.

20. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

to be honest I think the entire world should have a vote in who becomes president of the US, the US value themselves as the most powerful country (though not totally true), and any single person who is given that much power should be voted on from the entire world, not just the US.