1. This forum is in read-only mode.

premium membership & nds downloader questions/concerns/feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fitzbean, Jan 27, 2009.

1. fitzbean

fitzbean New Member

Hello - had a couple of questions and maybe suggestions. Long time user, love the site, the only thing that bothers me is downloading ds roms one at a time. I see now that premium offers a tool to ease that (NDS Downloader), so it might be a good excuse to give something back to the site (aside from my patronage!).

1. Is nds downloader 100% verified secure? .. always a little weary of programs you put your L/Ps in.
    2. Would be nice if the program had a filestamp date (aka time posted) column.

3. Do I have to manually subscribe again every two months? Just the fact that I would potentially need to re-up every two months is a turn off.
    4. 15 seems a little pricey for me. I know it's not in literal return (the cost of every game), but just the same, it is what it is. In light of that, It would be nice if you offered a reoccurring payment option (you can make these buttons via paypal) and a discount for those who take advantage of it. If it were $5 a month, I would subscribe indefinitely.

Thanks for a great site.

p.s. I may have posted this in the wrong section

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

1. Yes it's verified secure, the author who wrote it already has a premium account so he has no reason to steal yours.
    2. We can't do that since we don't log when files are added to the database.
    3. Yes, at the moment we don't support a subscription service where the money is automatically taken.
    4. $15 for two months is the price we've chosen to best be able to support the site for the extra things premium users gets. Besides, $5 a month or $7.5 a month? Is that really what puts you off?

3. fitzbean

fitzbean New Member

Not really, it's more the not reoccurring that puts me off. Not to mention you guys are probably losing a ton of money as a result. Your retention rate would no doubt be higher with subscriptions.

Here's a video tutorial for paypal subscription buttons if interested:
    http://www.blogadr.com/tutorials/free-paypal-tutorial/paypal_subscription.html

4. fitzbean

fitzbean New Member

Well they are called subscriptions, but they are open-ended monthly reoccurring payments until a cancellation is requested.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We might be losing some yeah, I know how to set them up, it just hasn't been an issue so far. But I'll get on that at some point soon, there're some more pressing matters I need to do first.

6. fitzbean

fitzbean New Member

great! looking forward to them. In the mean time, I'll do one two month subscription :) Is validation and account status change instantaneous?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends on paypal, at our end it is. We have to wait for paypal to inform us the transaction has gone through. It's supposedly instant but we've found that it isn't always.