1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Preloaded firmware

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by kickrz, Dec 19, 2010.

1. kickrz

kickrz Member

I am just about to purchase this: http://www.leetmod.com/supercard-dstwo-dsgba-cartridge-for-ds-dsl-and-dsi-p-223:91defd0ae238da34c32a558c16bcc85f.html

I am unsure of what firmware I need/want. Also is the kingston addon a good option? I am not sure of the other option as wel...preloaded system. If you were purchasing this card for your daughter to get her DSi XL up and running what options would you select to complete the purchase. I would lke to order ASAP so if anyone can share their thought on the best options I would greatly appreciate it :)

2. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Nevermind, Get the 1.41 firmware, it runs on the newest firmware of the DSi.

There are 2 separate firmwares, The Supercard SDTWO will come with a preloaded firmware (1.41) that will allow it to run on the DSi, and you need another firmware on the micro sd card that will load the games.

You get that one from the card's website http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm

Just drag the files onto your micro sd card. I suggest you buy the microsd card seperately since Kingstons are a little slower at loading games and saving games than the Sandisks are.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I fixed the link, was smf being weird.

4. kickrz

kickrz Member

Ok thanks. So I just select the v1.41 (For DSi 1.41U, 1.4U and lower) and buy a Sandisk separate. Is there anything in paticular I need to know when buying a Sandisk card?
    I am going to go ahead and order the DSTWO now and will buy the Sandisk locally.

Found this one from the same company http://www.leetmod.com/sandisk-4gb-microsdhc-p-152.html
    Might as well just order from the same company right :)

5. Joseg1320

Not really, just depends on the size you want to get....2 GB will hold around 20-30 games.....

Yeah you can order that one.

6. kickrz

kickrz Member

I don't have many options locally and only found 1 8GB Sandisk. Seems like an ok price and if I am already ordering from here just thought it would be easier.

I am just about to check out now. That should be all I needed. I selected the
    v1.41 (For DSi 1.41U, 1.4U and lower) option for $1.00
    Then the 4gb Sandisk

That should be all I need then right? Have you used that brand of screen protectors before? Wondering if it is worth throwing a couple of those in.

7. Joseg1320

Yeah that's all you need.

I have never used screen protectors for the DSi, so I don't know how well they work but my little 8 year old brother has his DSi screen all scratched up, so it might be a good idea to get them.

8. kickrz

kickrz Member

Ok thanks. That seems to be a pattern, guess I just figured it was needed since my daughter is 6 ;)

Appreciate your help...off to confirm my order now.