1. This forum is in read-only mode.

predetermined????

Discussion in 'Sports' started by atmizi69, Mar 17, 2009.

1. atmizi69

atmizi69 Well-Known Member

Pro Wrestling is a predetermined "sport"...in your opinion, what other professional sport seem predetermined but there is no exact way to verify or expose it? Voice it out guys...

2. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Boxing, or any of the other fighting styles can be predetermined really. Not saying they are, jsut saying its harder for a whole team of soccer players or baseball players to fake a loss =p

3. atmizi69

UFC or MMA that's predetermined right?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I assume this question means routinely predetermined, or 'scripted' as opposed to fixed (where one side is bribed or threatened to lose, usually because the 'fixer' stands to gain from them losing)?

5. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

I was just assuming he meant any instance of the matter.

6. atmizi69

yes, this includes scripted sports entertainment to soccer bribery...any doubts you guys have can be shared here....sometimes I think pro boxing is predetermined, however boxing is based on points but hey, anything is possible

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

all sports have been subject to fixing at some point or another.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

All the fights of that bastard Manny Pacquiao are scripted, imagine a legendary Oscar "Golden Boy" dela Hoya being bested by some bastard kid from the boonies :p

Hello my retarded countrymen, wake up & smell reality :p

9. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

well someones bitter on "national pride" :))

even though pacquiao's annoying you can't deny the man's talent his hand speed and power are just plain amazing. Oscar Dela Hoya looked like crap during that fight, if he bulked up he could've won but he was like a scrawny bitch

10. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

fights are only scripted to create a enjoyable show out of them as if you have ever seen a real fight its actually very boring.

but even if it is predetermined the actors in the show are still athletes as its very hard on the body

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@Slao3rs: Err, how can I be proud of the perfect example of the parable character "The Prodigal Son".

See that douche bag Pacquiao is exactly like that asshole in that parable, he lives so extravagantly & so full of it that he loves to smell the smell of his own farts :p He thinks he's so cool & that every powerful individual (Politicians, Business Tycoons & Media personnel) loves him but I bet you once he loses a fight in an epic way, especially if he gets paralyzed or something & he loses his "fame", everyone of his "friends" will leave him like yesterday's poop :p

Oh & Dela Hoya is by no means "a scrawny bitch", he is a legend amongst true boxing afficianados (not that I am one because boxing is such a lame fighting style) & I bet you didn't know that alot of these true afficianados were very much disappointed with that fight.

As for "national pride" there are alot of better athletes than Mr. Pacquiao to be proud of & serve as inspiration to people, here is a short list of my "heroes".

Alvin Patrimonio
    Efren "Bata" Reyes
    Francisco "Django" Bustamante
    GMs Eugene Torre & Rogelio "Joey" Antonio
    IM Warren So
    Enrico Estipona - Jai Alai Pelotary
    Angelo Barretto
    Gabby Dela Merced - Female Formula 3 Racer
    Dennis Orcollo
    Ricardo Gomez
    Rommel Adducul
    Chris Tiu

And these guys are no airhead, self-centered idiots like Pacquiao. Imagine the nerve of this jerk planning to run yet again for public office on the 2010 elections :p

12. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

notice i put it in quotation marks for a reason

Pacquiao is still talented no matter how douche-y he is, his hand speed is only comparable to miguel cotto's right now

Dela Hoya came to the fight as a scrawny bitch, THAT fight. I know Dela Hoya's history I'm a fan and did wish that he killed Pacquiao but as you can see from the fight Dela Hoya didn't bulk up after the weigh ins thus nullfying his size advantage over Pacquiao which is a major reason he lost the fight. He's currently slower than Pacquiao and he lost the Power edge too

Chris Tiu hm.. weird maybe because I know the guy I don't see him in that light