1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Powerpuff Girl Z

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by calvin_0, Apr 18, 2009.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

they are showing it in the local channel, too bad they arent the japanese version, its cartoon network version......i'm kindda happy, also kindda sad......(but hey, i'm glad its not a crappy local dub version....)

I think i miss couple of episodes, since the episode that i watch is clearly not episode 1..... anyone know where i can watch episode one? i'm just want to know where they got thier power.....

btw Buttercup's henshin sequnces is very tomboyish cute, and my favorite is still Bubble (duh)

2. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

it already aired in our local tv
    and yes there cute

3. calvin_0

yup, the episode that i watch this morning is episode 16....look like i got alot to catch up >.<

4. Woolie1994

Woolie1994 Well-Known Member

Omg... Powerpuff Girls... AHHAHHAHAHAHHAAH! What are you, 6?
    Man get a life!

5. calvin_0

whats wrong with Powerpuff Girl? and life is overated.

6. Woolie1994

Everything is wrong with it, like the 3 stupid girls, the round shapes of everything, the boringness. It's just lame!
    !

7. calvin_0

that is what make it so fun to watch......btw Blossom is very smart, and she is still very smart in Powerpuff Girl Z, plus she also like Sentai Series......

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@Woolie1994: The Power Puff Girls (The Original Cartoon Network show)
    [​IMG]

And Power Puff Girls Z
    [​IMG]

Are two totally different cartoon shows.

The later (PPGZ) is an anime spin off of the Original PPG cartoon & For your information, the Original Power Puff Girls cartoon was a major hit in Japan, that's why they mad a *cough* lame *cough* anime rendition.

9. calvin_0

i disagree, they arent lame, they are really funny XD

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

They're lame, in my opinion because they were made in the Sailormoon-esque fashion, typical of Anime.

And the original Power Puff Girls' enemies were given horrible anime renditions, plus towards the end the "main" enemy the girls had to fight wasn't who I expected him to be ;)

11. calvin_0

there is a number of anime that is made in Sailormoon-ish (Transforming Heroin Series \ Magical Girl series)

Ojamajo Doremi
    Pretty Cure
    Pretears
    Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    Ultimate Girls
    Magical Canan

and i know there is many more that i dont know

If you said Powerpuff Girl Z is lame just because its Sailormoon-ish, then all other anime that fall into the same cat is lame as well.

Plus its Blossom's dream to become a transfroming heroin since she apperanly an otaku just like konata. Like the original Powerpuff girls, they still kick butt, especially Buttercup if you know what i mean =P

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yes Cal, but those were anime series so it's only natural for them to have characters that Henshin. The Power Puff Girls were a western creation. How would you like it if Dexter Henshined or the X-men Henshined, heck wasn't that Japanese Spider man enough to make a statement that western heroes don't henshin?

13. calvin_0

the super sentai spiderman is differ story, that is plain fail no matter how you look at it, although rare, there is westen superhero that henshin, He-Men, Atomic Betty, She-Ra, Ice-man (Spiderman and pal version), Firestar (Spiderman and pal version) and Venom (o.k, not a true henshin, but pretty close)

true that Powerpuff Girl is westen creation, but Powerpuff Girl Z isnt ment to replace Powerpuff Girl, like you say they are Spin-Off, and its not a bad one..... if they are bad then it make sense if you complain.....

i'm watching episode 4 now on youtube, its as funny as the original, although the stroyline is obivously changes. but atleast the character didnt change much, Blossom is still the nerdy\smart one, Bubble is still the sweet\cute one and Buttercup is still the hardcore one.

14. Woolie1994

Lol the original looks better than that Z version, it reminds me of sailormoon but then with those 3 bitches in it!

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I remember when my little brother (like me, bit of a true boyish nature, yada yada) watched this...and I was like WTF YOU WATCHING GIRLS SHOWS!

If his friends knew this he'd be the laughing stock of his school....he watched a marathon on cartoon network that went ALL DAY!

But when I watched it...I found out why, the reason soo many people watch it is...

THE HUGE EYES WTF!

Hypnotic...the action was okay but too girlish for my taste...the action scenes were meant for some better pg13 shows (btw just incase, I THINK the guy who animeted the original did Samuri jack, better show...and did star wars clone wars animeted series...I THINK)

But ppgz?

Now I'm scared-another sailor moon...(at this point I have watched salior moon but only because there was nothing else good in the mornings years ago, and I have never seen, or until today, HEARD of ppgz)

I've seen and heard of a few over the years, sure the action was okay, but a ppg spin off is a bit much...

BTW, is it the same guy who did the original?

If so I may be inclined to watch...just to find out if my suspecions are true...

16. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

17. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

The anime's quite a bit funny, but the pedo bear is always there....

18. ian13456

ian13456 Well-Known Member

glad mojojojo grew up a bit.

19. calvin_0

i did alittle search for rolling bubble.....and guess what i found....

[​IMG]

Mecha Blossom!

Lechongbaboy, if you dont have anything thing worthy to share beside spam, please dont post, this isnt randome joke topic. If you want to talk about Pedobear or Lolicon, please do so in your OWN TOPIC.

20. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

We can clearly see the evolution of the art