1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Potemkin issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FormalMoogle, Aug 22, 2010.

1. FormalMoogle

FormalMoogle Well-Known Member

I am using Potemkin Alpha downloaded from Emulatorzone and whenever i try to load up an ISO of Disgaea: Dark Hero Days, it always crashes and the program has to close down. So is the problem from the file size or something?

Thanks.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The problem is probably compatibility.

Try using a different PSP emulator, like JPCSP. http://jpcsp.org/
    PSP emulation is still in it's infancy, so the game may not work on any of them.

Instead you could try playing Disgaea 2 on the PS2 emulator PCSX2. http://pcsx2.net/

3. FormalMoogle

Thank you. I am trying to get JPCSP to work but it says that it cannot read the format, hmm. I downloaded the ISO as part of a two part download and i open it with a file which looks like its zipped. Any way to change the compatibility for format?

4. TirithRR

If it's two parts, you need to download them both and extract it using a program like WinRAR. It will combine them into the original disc image.

5. FormalMoogle

Well, they sort of came with the files in WinRAR format and i have WinRAR and unzipped them but they created another WinRAR file, haha. I don't know the name of the ISO itself from within the files and so i just could load it by the entire file in itself. I am downloading another copy from another source as i speak.

6. TirithRR

Just because the icon may be a winrar icon, doesn't mean it's a winrar file. Sometimes Winrar associates itself with disc image files.

What are the file extensions of the files you are trying to use?

7. FormalMoogle

Oh, i see. So by file extensions you mean the files within the zipped thing.

8. TirithRR

File extensions, the file type, the part of the file name at the end, after the "." (period). It just lets your computer know what to do with the file.

Like:
    PSPGame.iso or PSPGame.rar or PSPGame.zip

9. FormalMoogle

Oh, in the zipped file it came with it came as WinRAR archive (.iso) and i just downloaded another one with the file name of cso.

10. TirithRR

ISO is not a winrar archive. ISO is a disc image. .CSO is just a Compressed ISO.

You can use either ISO or CSO files for PSP games.

11. FormalMoogle

Ah, i see. Hmm, i tried running it on both emulators: Potemkin and JPC, but Potemkin still crashes and JPC wont even read the format.
    Post Merge: [time]1282575352[/time]
    moar?