1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Possible Super Typhoon "Megi" coming.

Discussion in 'General News' started by Stanley Richards, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/10/15/10/possible-super-typhoon-megi-coming

Let us wish everyone living in Philippines any anywhere which would be affected safety.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

It only hit/landed on the northern most parts of the island of Luzon & it registered as a Signal number 4 typhoon which in "panic terms" means "were totally screwed".

As far as I know, me, damanali, bhatooth (forgot his new username) XD9999, lotlat & Kamage are either living at the capital (Metro Manila) or at the southern part of Luzon. So we didn't feel the wrath of Megi, whose designated name here was "Juan"

EDIT:

My mistake, according to the news I just heard over the radio that it hasn't made a landfall yet, but it is estimated to land in the next few hours or so.

3. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Definitely well wishes and Godspeed to those affected, or about to be affected.
    I managed to escape Homestead before Andy hit. Had to go get my aunt out of there, and sure enough her home was a hole in the ground afterward.

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Latest update.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/10/17/10/%E2%80%98juan%E2%80%99-changes-path-metro-manila-under-signal-no-1

5. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

This is a smart typhoon, it moves in a upper-slanting movement then when it reaches the northern portion of the Philippines, it decided to go west. Its like being controlled.

I predicted it last week to continue moving to taiwan due to most typhoons movement, and i was correct that it wont go thru southern tagalog like Ondoy. Well, Manila wont be target that much, and I believe that the northern part of the Philippines would survive with little to no effect as they are built to withstand this type of situation.

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Megi and Katrina, why do they always give a beautiful name to such a deadly storm.

7. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Storms, and yes I have been in the bad ones of past, seem to follow no pattern at all.
    As was previsouly stated, almost on their own free will.

I saw a F-4 head to open water after wasting some houses, as it neared the water, it veered off to the side violently, as if to avoid the water.
    It continued for roughly 800 more feet, then just dissipated.

Five people died in those houses that got destroyed.
    Off hand I was about 8 football length fields away from it.
    Power is off the scale. It sounded like a jet on takeoff even from the length away I was,
    and the next day I couldn't hear for half of the day from pressurization.

8. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

i just helped my cousins prepare for the storm and its now getting tested

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

apparently it made landfall and a local official said they'd learnt lessons from past typhoons and were hoping for no fatalities, last I heard there was one suspected fatality.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The Areas that were hit hard (Cagayan & Isabela) are two of the country's sources for rice & vegetables & sadly a lot of crops got ruined because of the storm.

11. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, still standing.

12. damanali

I watched something from gmanews about a guy who lost his family during the typhoon. a coconut tree fell on the house killing his entire family. Where was he during the typhoon? He went out to buy cigarettes. He is both lucky and unlcuky. He's lucky to survive but unlucky to lose his entire family in one hit.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Moral of the story:

Though admitted smokers are assholes for not giving shit about the harmful effects Nicotine does to their bodies, it is indeed proven that second hand smokers (their unwilling victims :p) do suffer at the cost of smoker friend, relative, acquaintance etcetera's stupidity.

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

that is pretty similar to what i did to my sims once.

15. damanali

I never heard of anything that happened to Batanes Islands.... they are like the most northern part and i bet they were also hit by the typhoon... does that mean the Phil. Government don't care about our Ivatan brothers there?

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Nah, the Ivatans are already seasoned Typhoon riders, for lack of a better term. They've been raised to weather the harshest & strongest typhoons so something like this last typhoon do not faze them one bit.

17. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

All I can say is, "I wish those people Good Luck and stay dry!"

18. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Holy crap that is really sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.