1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Possible RomU DS Prob Solution?....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

obviously a lot of things have been said about romu being unreliable (uncool) because of the ds roms being gone.
    to the people who are saying goodbyes just becuase of this, i say good ridens.
    there have been however suggestions and i have compile a couple of these, some suggestions where given by people in other communities, some where given here, either way, most people know that this is a cool community with a variety of rom choices:
    (again i want to point out that these are suggestions given by others, just want to know how others and staff feel about it)
    1- romu has our e-mail's so why not send us an e-mail with a screen shot, showing all of us a hidden link on the page for dl
    2- uploading to megaupload
    3- torrents (although i found this suggestion to be moronic -_-)

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

1. possibly might work, but unlikely to happen...
    2. that's still basically hosting them, which romU has intentions not to do,
    3. download speeds would be horrible, because as you and me both know (i hope), that no one would feel like seeding, and plus, files for torrents don't get stored on a server, they on just computers....and also, still considered hosting them....

3. Nick Man

Nick Man Well-Known Member

1. How do we know that the ESA does not have any accounts? Then they would find it and once again ask to take it down.
    2. People in the Share section are already doing it, so an official one by romulation would not be any different.
    3. Please explain why it is moronic.

Edit: Ninja'd :p

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

1. There are nearly all of the NDS games up for download on the forum.
    2. People already do this.
    3. People already do this.

And for the ESA having accounts on here would be spying, but I don't really know anything about spying so... :p

5. doughboy

doughboy Guest

yea i forgot to add my opinion on it
    i believe, possibly solution 1 would work, but who knows if the staff would agree.
    true.... the seeding thing was a stupid idea as i mentioned, but just throwing out there since i saw it on a forum.

ace101: yes i know but not well organized, as far as i have seen everything is scattered everywhere
    (torrents aren't to far away from a disorganized room either)

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Solution 1 sounds like a waste of resources and time to me.

7. doughboy

doughboy Guest

nick man: moronic in the sense that it would be unseeded and disorganized if not managed by someone well as me and catz_102 agreed that it would also be a pain in the a** to seed
    ace101:maybe suggestion one would be a waste of time but maybe beneficial to all of us if done well

i may be saying organization allot but, look at romu as an prime example of a well organized site (and a cool looking one at that, simplicity and organization) you can look up what you want surf by name,releasedate, etc....

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I just don't see it happening to be honest with you.

9. doughboy

doughboy Guest

ace101: yea i know its a long shot, but who knows...........

and again, the suggestions where not made by me, but it sounded like an interesting topic and i wanted to get your opinions/suggestions so that we may better help others....just wanted to help out :'(
    other people! any other unusefull suggestions :D
    well either way hope to see some more responses later on....

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Users are already uploading to the share section, and these are trusted users.

Sure, not as well as romU did (latest games constant) but it's happening.

Otherwise ethier...

1.If you have a shop with a 7 day return policy, use that (wether you copy the game and return is another story...)

2.Use a torrent site

3.Look around the net

Personally I'm not too worried about the loss of the ds roms, but the rest of the site...is a worry.

Lucky I have other resorces (the power of money...AND EBAY :D)

11. Franz24

Franz24 New Member

What about idea 1, but with a password protected page, that changes every week. Members could get the new password every week in their inbox, and like that it's very unlikely that a link to the 'secret download page' will also appear on other sites.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

How about this: we keep the NDS roms down, and avoid going to jail.

13. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

The people can counter sue if ESA were to make an account here and post stuff.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I like this idea ;)

...one thing though I MUST ask...

Pirate bay, I forgot the story, but I heard they got shut down...some legal stuff...and they are back up while other sites like mini nova are being ripped up...how?

Is there anyway for romU to fight back at all or too much?

15. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I third this idea

16. Loonylion

there is no way for us to fight back, we are in the wrong.

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ok, fair enough.

(I thought pirate bay was as well-they must of found a loophole).

18. Loonylion

piratebay dont host illegal content and never did.

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...oh right, users did...

20. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

...and that's the saddest part. =(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.