1. This forum is in read-only mode.

possible CRT and Plasma ban in Europe

Discussion in 'General News' started by head635, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. head635

head635 Well-Known Member

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1050368/plasma-tvs-to-be-banned-in-europe

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6832330.ece

so what is your opinion on this news ?

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I would think that if Europe is that concerned about how much electricity people use while watching TV, they seriously need to consider upgrading their means of producing electricity. Maybe Europe could build more electricity plants or even better try to be more efficient in their means of producing electricity. Building more plants may negatively affect the environment, however, as long as Europeans can continue to use Plasma TVs for their viewing pleasure, then by all means building more plants would be OK.
    miros

3. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

What? They want to ban Plasma TVs? Over my dead body, I just got one recently!

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

A ban like that would probably not be retroactive, and instead just ban the sale of new units.

5. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

lol why dont they just lower air time

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

I'm not too surprised. Also LCD tvs are becoming better than Plasmas and CRT TVs and are getting cheaper and cheaper and OLED TVs are going to be coming sometime in the future. Plasma and CRT is an outdated tech and it's about time that they stop selling them and start concentrating on making OLED TVs cheaper and all that fun jazz.

I also despise Plasmas since they can heat up a room.

7. head635

did you try playing old games in a new LCD TV it look horrible

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

That's a given on any HDTV. The best way to play the older systems (before the Dreamcast) is on a tube tv, as it won't stretch out and blur everything.

9. head635

Plus you can't use the nintendo Zapper on a LCD :D

10. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Eu people dont pay electric bill?

11. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Sadly, they do...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.