1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Portable PSX emulation

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sudosniper, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sudosniper

sudosniper Member

does anyone know if there is a portable psx emulator? becuase i want to play at school but i cant install anything.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The PSP can be used to play PSX games, and the PSP is extremely portable (obviously :) )

If you can get a PSP, come back here for more information on what is needed to play PSX games.

3. sudosniper

sudosniper Member

Well the problem is is that i dont have the money to buy a psp right now im talking about on computers.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

most emulators are portable, but you do need the permissions to run executables, which a properly configured school system will not allow. additionally, don't expect the hardware in school computers to be up to much (specifically the graphics hardware).

5. sudosniper

sudosniper Member

well luckily my school just got BRAND NEW computers and were getting newer ones next year(dont ask me why) but like if i can run like a portable app then would i be able to run that?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Brand new doesn't necessarily mean good. most likely they have onboard graphics which often struggle with emulation.

7. sudosniper

sudosniper Member

no they've got nvidia something but its good enough to run like half Life 2 all the episodes and morrowind oh and mass effect(all portably) but yeah and i figure that thats a pretty good comparison plus the other specs are pretty nice like 1.5gb of free ram 2.6gh proccesors so i figure it should be fine because my laptop has less than that and it runs it fine.

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

They're usually just cheap systems only for student work like browsing set up over a network.

9. sudosniper

sudosniper Member

yeah but i mean i just need something to do after im done w/ my work which in my school gives me alot of free time i dont really care if its buggy or not i mean even if it doesn't really work itll give me something to mess around with.

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Back when I was in school and took programming classes, we just used Telnet and connected to your favorite MUD. (Basically a Text based online RPG).

Since it was all text based, the teachers walking by didn't think anything of it, cause from a distance it didn't look any different than the programming we were doing.

11. sudosniper

sudosniper Member

yeah but like with me im taking classes that ive been working with for all my life and i know as much as my teachers like im taking a word editor class and german and i have do much time its not funny. but so i can take an emulator and install it on a flash drive and just run it off of that or copy the files to the pc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.