1. This forum is in read-only mode.

POPstation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KSbored, Oct 7, 2009.

1. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

Okay, so i used the: POPstation.gui, to convert my ps1.iso's into EBOOTS. So do i just drag the EBOOTS into my memory stick, or is there an actual emulator I have to have in order for it to play? Will this brick my psp if done wrong?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It won't brick your PSP. It doesn't modifiy the Flash at all.
    You need to put the eboot file into PSP/GAME/<GAMENAMEFOLDER>

You don't need any special emulators, as long as you are above 3.00 CFW or which ever added POPS to the firmware. You will likely want to install popsloader, which lets you use the POPS from earlier firmwares, allowing for more compatibility with your PSX games.

3. KSbored

Okay, so as long as I have CFW that is above 3.00, I'm fine, but your saying POPsloader is good for the earlier CFW's or for the earlier types of EBOOTS? And it's not needed for some games right?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I use 5.00M33-6, and I use popsloader so I can use the POPS from anything from 3 to 4.01.

You should get POPS, since it's likely that you'll have to change to get a game to work, I believe most of my Final Fantasy Eboots run well on 3.72 or something like that (been a while since I last played). Suikoden seems to run just fine on the 5.00 pops.

5. KSbored

Okay, cool, thanks, Because A friend of mine is finally downgrading my psp, (and i'm so glad now, because i will never be able to afford a psp-go) and i want to take full advantage of CFW, as I can! :D