1. This forum is in read-only mode.

poll - do you like tv shows or movies more?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ultra, Aug 29, 2008.

?

do you prefer tv shows or movies?

1. tv show

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. movies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ultra

ultra Guest

which do you prefer more of, a tv show or a movie?!

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Re: do you like tv shows or movies more?

It depends really, but what I like about movies is that a movie can go over the top with presentation than most TV shows can.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Re: do you like tv shows or movies more?

Yeah, because they have a lot of money to spend while making the movie, and they're going to make money since people will pay for it in cinemas, unlike TV shows.

4. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

TV just because every movie ends up on TV sooner or later.

5. anandjones

Not every movie though, and that usually takes two years after it's DVD release or a few months after cinema viewing, here anyway.

6. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

In here it takes 6 months, give or take, for it to come out into DVD and soon after it will start to show on TV

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

It's even sooner with Cable channels like HBO, Cinemax, or Star. Also the success of a flick affects it being aired on TV, if a movie is a top grosser, it costs more for it to be aired on TV, meaning it may take time for it to be aired. If a flick is a flop however, it gets aired quickly.

8. smiler

smiler Member

i like movies mostly
    but i do watch the odd programm 2pints of larger and father ted
    otherwise it movies

9. ultra

ultra Guest

with movies it's either a hit or a miss.
    but with a tv show, it's can get sucky but it can be twisted in which it becomes interesting.

with movies, every sequal needs something that can beat the first one.
    with tv, you don't necessarily need those sort of things.

with movies, you watch it once and that's that. of course there are occasions where you do watch it again but then it gets stored.
    with tv, the series goes on by attracting you with it's story, character, etc...

so i'll say tv [more flexible].

10. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I like TV shows better than movies right now.

So far there hasn't been anything great coming out for movies.
    And I love watching an entire season and then going right onto the next one.
    I'm watching Entourage right now and I'm almost done with the second season.

11. ultra

ultra Guest

in a movie, there's only a certain amount of depth that can be placed for the watcher or viewer to understand the character, plot, etc....
    but with tv, they can have greater depth for developing the character, plot, etc.....

would the tv show "24" work on a movie perspective compared to a tv perspective?

12. I prefer watch TV show because the story can be extracted deeper than movies...sometimes the duration on movies is not enough to tell us all the detail about the story.

as for the legend "24" tv show, it will be impossible to make a movie about it and reflect all the aspect in the stories.

13. egqps

egqps New Member

a movie is on ly 2 hours, while a show has a whole season to pass an idea.

14. ultra

ultra Guest

it's more then 2 hours, i believe titanic is over 3 hours [194 minutes].
    you could always have a sequal like what they did with pirates of the carribean 2 & 3, which tallies over 5 hours together [318 minutes].

15. anandjones

Yeah I actually like TV shows more, you get the whole of the story and movie, which I forgot to mention last. Like in movies such as Firewall I watched on TV a little while ago, the ending sucked, they beat the guy who kidnapped the family, and then as the cops came, it just viewed them from above and then it ended. That really kills a movie.

16. smilez787

smilez787 New Member

Anime TV shows are the best.

17. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I prefer TV shows over movies, just because they last longer. And it usually has a better and more clarifying ending.

18. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

TV, it is more extensive and detailed. Movies have a tendency to be redundant - one guy does something bad, another guy stops him.

19. Trixilver

Trixilver Member

Movies >>>>>> TV shows

Most TV shows are written as the show is being made, but the story of a film can be finalised long before they start shooting. This is good because the script will more likely come out a much better quality than that of a TV show. They also know how things are going to end so the general direction of the film is never "Lost" :-X

The only things I watch on TV are comedies and animation, things that take themselves less seriously. Because being serious on TV, for me, just doesn't work.

20. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Disagree, a movie has to stick to a script, TV shows can take unexpected turnarounds within that period of time. Something that casn be thought of over time, rather than a single thing that si written up in a week. Tv shows can take years to write up, a movie...a month?