1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokewalker

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Xynche, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Xynche

Xynche Well-Known Member

So we all know about the whole pokewalker thing for hg/ss (If you don't, it's a step counter that you can take your pokemon around wherever and lvl them up and what not...)

Anyone else think it is stupid?

Also, by playing with a flash card (thus not being able to use it), What are you missing? I mean, like, there's a few pokemon that you can catch with it that you can't get anyway else... But you can still trade other people for them. Same with the flying and surfing pikachu.

What is the point of it anyway?

2. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

I think it's neat. I'm actually using it right this moment. You can get items too, I just think it's a fun addition. In my opinion, all you have to do is put it in your pocket. It's better than nothing. I have the actual Soul Silver game, and a Heart Gold ROM. Fun stuff.

Every detail: Here

By the way, it might just be my assumption, but do you think it's stupid because you don't have one? If you actually buy the game, you get it anyways.

3. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I think it is totally useless. One step is one experience. The only thing great about it is happiness, who the hell cares? Pokemon can be traded via GTS, items bought. It's just something that lets you train your Pokemon while in everyday life. If your like a total Pokemon freak fan, then get a vibrating bed and put it under your pillow.

4. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It's good for exercise freaks like me, but for fat kids like you, nah, try jogging every morning, doing sit ups and press ups and other things, really, it's a good idea, supposed to encourage fatties to get up.

5. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Ahem, despite I weight 40kgs, I'm no Pokemon freak. It's a waste of money to me who plays once every like...3 days?

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i love pokewalker. in fact i carry it everywhere, everyday. even walking around my house.

7. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

I usually like to take the Pokewalker with me to work, or to wherever I'm going out to.

Admittedly it was a pretty interesting accessory that came with HG/SS.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I agree it's dumb, from the detail I learnt in EVERY OTHER damn topic about this...

-Pokemon levels up one level at a time
    -They can't learn moves
    -And important to competitive players...no ev are gained

So Pokemon would come out weaker if you depend on this thing...and while theoretically my pokemon would be level 100 in a day with the amount of walking I do at work.

But no, one level, and no move learning, the only positive is the finding item features or whatever they are....

I'm no impressed otherwise because the point about it is the pokemon, not the other crap.

9. omgwtfitzben

I don't use it to train, I use it to catch and find things.

If this was like $10 or higher or something, of course it would be stupid, but it was $5 and it practically came with it. So if it's better than nothing, I think it's good. It's a good addition to it. You don't have to use it.

10. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I lol'd hard at this entire post. If you're an exercise freak then I am a GOD.

11. Xynche

Xynche Well-Known Member

Oh, you got me I'm totally jealous and want one... nah, I just think it defeats the purpose, like if I had one and took it with me when I go running I could lvl up all my pokemon but it would defeat the purpose... Like, lets say your at the eleit 4 but your not lvled up enough... then you jogging and get your lugia to lvl 100 and walk through it. It gets rid of all the grinding needed to reach lvls and what not.

lol, I actually ran a mile today in my weight lifting class today, Beat my time :p

12. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

The part about the no EVs already puts me off.

13. omgwtfitzben

All you have to do is put it in your Pocket all day. That's what I do. It's just something extra. I could agree with you, but I don't find it stupid when it's not useless. I think it would be stupid if it required something, like you HAD to use it. But you don't, so it's not stupid. Trading for Pokemon that's a little bit harder to get takes the fun away.

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I bow down.