1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokewalker.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by teheezin, Apr 22, 2010.

1. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Can the pokewalker connect to our DS by using the rom? not the original cartridge?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Cart only, not rom/flash cart.

End topic.

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

You know what, Shiiro, i am sure the rom will connect to the pokewalker just fine :)

in fact, to make sure it works, you'd best go out and buy the most expensive pokewalker ever, atleast 70 dollars for optimal connection

4. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

It doesn't work. The Pokewalker connects to the chip inside, not the game itself.

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I realize this, but after seeing this same topic over, and over again, i'm sick of giving the right answer when people don't search, so i'll just tell them it works so they can run out and somehow buy a pokewalker, then they will spend time trying to get it working

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Someone missed the sarcasm...lol

7. saddamsdevil

saddamsdevil Well-Known Member

I myself am get pretty pissed about all these topics as well.

Just buy the game, it's not that expensive. If you can't afford it, tough break I guess.

I blame Kazowar's translation site which said you COULD.

8. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Are you just lame or what?
    If you are not here to help then don't bother posting craps here okay? I'm just trying to find out whether I could connect the pokewalker to my rom because I was planning to buy the game sooner or later but then I've been through half of the game and I just want to know if I bought the original game , do I have to restart it all over again

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1.It's asked too often on any game forum
    2.Take it easy dude...
    3.Google Gave me the answers I needed (5 sites can't lie!0
    4.Common sense dictates that it wouldn't work with a rom/flash cart

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

When you have to hold the Pokewalker an inch from the original cart, it has to be IR with such a weak signal.

So, no. You can't use it with the rom.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I always thought that it used ir that was compatibly with ds wireless connectivity?

[me=hYpNoS]learnt something new[/me]

12. ndsrapid

ndsrapid Well-Known Member

Use rare candy's to level up your pkmn. Use an usrcheat.dat.

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Nope, the Original Cartridge has a special IR chip inside of it that connects with the Pokewalker.
    The IR signal is pretty weak, so you have to hold it pretty close or else you won't get be able to connect the Pokewalker to the game cart.

The Pokewalkers connect to each other with IR as well and have to be within a few inches to a foot from each other to connect. They're pretty low powered signals due to power efficiency I can only assume.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

And you loose out on evs, meaning weaker pokemon.

You get ev's fighting wild/in game battle pokemon (not vs mode-only fights with exp).

With dedicated ev training, you could have a hard hitting tank or a sneaky tank built to whittle down your health slowly.

Or if played normally, just a balanced pokemon that beats anything rare candied.

Hrm....

While we "saved" this topic, I must ask, does the pokewalker give ev's?

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No.

It won't allow your Pokemon to learn new moves either.

Like at lv 10 Cyndaquil learned Flame or something on my game.
    But when I put a lv 9 Cyndaquil on the Pokewalker and transferred it back, it was missing a move and when it went to lv 11, it didn't learn a new move at all.

So there are the downsides of the pokewalker.

No EVs and no new moves at level ups. :\

16. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Then that's quite bad.

But if people don't have much time to play then I guess the Pokewalker would be good for them.

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Or if your a little kid who just wants to play and not give much of a damn.

Christ, might as well rare candy them, more advantages than pokewalker...

Though if the game has one of those move tutors who can teach older moves, it could be handy, like shoving in your starter, leaving it in there until 55, move it back teach it hydro pump or whaterever, THEN make it fight some random pokemon of choice to get the missing evs...

Still mostly gimmick factor.

18. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Yeah that will be good.

Also another reason for the Pokewalker being made is so that people will buy the game.
    I guess people will think it's cool so they will go out and buy the game.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

And to get over-weight kids out of their house and do some walking.
    But most would just probably shake the Pokewalker...

20. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Hahah yeh.

It is way faster then actually going outside and running.