1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokesav

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Sudokenri, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Sudokenri

Sudokenri Active Member

This is driving me nuts. I've been trying to make a shroomish using pokesav but it's not working. I've opened the .sav file of my pearl on pokesav loaded the shroomish into my party and saved it but it's not in my party when i look for it.

Then i tryed using R4cce ... i re-entered all the information for the shroomish saved it as a .xml file loaded my usrcheat.dat into R4cce added a code to the original cheats for pearl entered the code for the shroomish ... made it so that i have to press L + R and it will appear in my box 9 ... loaded my pearl turned on the cheat when ingame pressed L + R and checked for the shroomish but nothings in box 9.

I watched a bunch of videos on how to do it but none of them work. I have a DSTT. If any1 could point what i'm doing wrong please do so.

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Refrain from adding/editing pokemon directly into the party. If you don't understand pokesav mechanics, then you'll end up with what you ended up with.

Always edit from a box, and try to use something that you caught in game as a template for OT, ID, Game version, etc. If you don't know all of the correct information, the GTS or any hack detector will tell you it's hacked.

For example, you take a Vulpix, and edit that so it is now a Shroomish. Edit the ability (go into Generate and set the corresponding ability type 1 or 2), edit the Pokemon, Name (nickname), moveset, nature, IVs, EVs, use a Poke Ball, and make sure 86h corresponds to the ball type (example 04 = Poke Ball). Be sure to pick a Type 1 PID/IV relationship. Hex is also important and varies by location and where it was caught, (Grass, mountain, water, building).

Bred pokemon from the Day Care Center are easiest to make hacks for because the hex can be copy-pasted from file to file and the PID/IV relationship is not necessary to figure out.

Good luck making something from scratch when you have multiple unknown variables...

Post screenshots (all views, the box view, and the PID/IV view, and the Generate view) of your progress and I'll comment on what you need to correct.

3. Sudokenri

Sudokenri Active Member

Well here is it mainly ... I took a breloom that i had in my party and made it a shroomish ... dont quite know how to send it to a box or i might and i'm being stupid ...

http://s816.photobucket.com/albums/zz88/12Sudoken12/?action=view&current=pokesav.png
    http://s816.photobucket.com/albums/zz88/12Sudoken12/?action=view&current=pokesav-1.png

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

- Your "PP Ups" should all be 3, not the max PP.
    - You shouldn't be editing pokemon in your party, ever. Deposit the pokemon into a box and edit from there.

5. Sudokenri

Sudokenri Active Member

how do i do that ? i dont see the option to look into your pc on pokesav.

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I think it says storage or whatever, somewhere on the right on the main screen

7. Sudokenri

Sudokenri Active Member

Sorry i'm blind and might be slightly retarded for missing that. Thanks sylar.

nvm. Thanks again guys.

8. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Stats are calculated from the IVs and EVs while in a box, so there's no need to change them. Unless you want something stupid like 999 attack, it's unnecessary to use that button at all unless you've changed the IVs/EVs of a pokemon in your party and need the stats recalculated.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

First off, there are no pokemon met at level 1 in the wild. Look up Shroomish and give it the proper level (20), as well as location if applicable (Great Marsh).
    Second, 255 EVs is the same effect of 252 EVs. Take the excess and put them into another stat. You should have a 6/252/252 spread, not a 255/255/0 spread.
    Third, Movesets: watch for illegal egg move combinations. Seed Bomb is acceptable ONLY because it can be taught by a Move Tutor in Plat/HGSS. Prior to Platinum, this would be illegal until 41. Spore is learned at level 45 so this is also illegal at your current level. Sky Uppercut and Stone Edge are completely illegal on a Shroomish.
    The PID/IV relationship matches, Adamant, Ability 1: Effect Spore. 3385203878. You do not have this on the main page, therefore the current PID/IV relationship is invalid. Using Generate to create your own PID is for hatched pokemon only. If caught in the wild, you must adhere to the PID/IV relationship given in the list, and must be a Type 1, with the matching ability. If your ability is defined as 1, but you have Spore Heal, that would be invalid.
    Hex is valid for D/P(Pt) only. This is fine.